Eye Strain

Antiriad

Chieftain
Is anyone else suffering eye issues? I have been playing nearly twelve hours a day since launch, but I don't seem to have this problem with other games like Stellaris. I have adjusted the resolution, but the default seems the best.

Blink! :)
I tell my kids to do the 20/20/20 rule: Every 20 minutes stare at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
I break the rule myself all the time (specially with this game).

Have fun.

I was playing a lot of Civ V right up until release of VI and I am doing a lot of squinting, but that might just be because I'm trying to look up more text than normal due to the learning curve. Fonts seem smaller by default in general, and maybe the higher detail is making our eyes work harder, I dunno :D

Yeah, I've had some eye strain with this game. The text is just too small in some spots.

Stellaris was way worse, though!

Main advice is the same for those who work all day long on computers; get up every hour for a 5 minute break; sooner if you are feeling eye strain.
There's some people who are mildly near sighted for which they feel less eye strain without glasses when reading text on a monitor, but there's others that have less eye strain with them on.
Lighting can be a significant factor. (Try to avoid having light sources causing glare on the screen) And if playing in the afternoon be aware of when it's getting dark inside.

This is a pretty constant problem for me, I just need to remember to take breaks. The addictiveness of this game can lead me to play for hours without looking away from the screen, so my eyes tend to get a bit red after long sessions.

I haven't noticed it be particularly worse in VI than in V, but make sure you take care of yourself while playing. It's a real concern.

Top Bottom