Fall From Heaven Leader's Tale - Valledia the Even

The story is not finished, will do so later.

This made me think that he wanted to continue.

I can't play until wednesday evening, so let's give him until then to post more and if not, i will play on wednesday. Does that sound alright?

House Rules

Stopping Points

• Meeting Auric Ulvin
  • Declaring war on Auric

Our army lies just outside of Auric's lands. We landed on the Lentum Fergus and can take the city shown in the screenshot this turn.

Do i stop here, or take the city and declare war on Auric then stop. I want to take the city :sniper:

EDIT: I'm taking the city and declaring war and uploading.

In the city of Kabhalg, an old man sits by the sea. At his feet, perched against a water-filled bucket, a fishing rod lies with its bob in the ocean. The man’s attention is not upon his sport but upon his game of Talva. He plays like this, alone by the sea, most days. Occasionally, an older man, often a retired soldier, maimed or scarred by the long wars would approach him curiously, reminded of someone they knew in another life.

Most days, the man varied little from his routine. He would come to the pier, place his fishing line in the water, unroll a small rug and a reclining on a cushion, talk quietly to himself while rolling Talva dice alone. Occasionally, he would catch a fish. The days passed and the man waited. He was good at waiting.

Quite unexpectedly for the elderly fisherman, his monotonous day is broken by the appearance of another man, this one dressed like a peasant. This second man strides casually up to the fisherman and, unrolling his own small rug, takes a position opposite him at the talva board.

“How did you find me?” the fisherman asks this new arrival.

The second man picks up the dice, rolls them and counts off the number with the dark ivory pieces. He ignores the question, “Can you see them out there on the water?”

“Aye,” the man squints into the rising sun, “looks like those dirty priests finally decided to take it to the Illians.” In the distance the Amurite battle fleet was advancing on the Illian capital, the vulnerable ships being screened with towering jets of wind and sea-water, powerful archmage summons…

The day progressed and the two sat quietly chatting to each other, never calling each other by name, but comfortable in way only two very good long-time friends could be.

As night drew near and the fleet finally arrived at the foreign shores, a great light of bursting flame went up.

The peasant turns to the farmer and remarks, “I taught them that trick”.

In the distance, Garduk was burning. The overwhelming magical summons of the Amurites routed the barbaric southerners with ease.

The two men watch the city burn from across the waves, occasionally drinking coffee or nibbling on the day’s catch, spiced and fried in a small pan. The night passes and the two men talk. It seemed that despite their easy and relaxed manner, they had much to discuss.

Unbeknownst to them, Amurite messengers deliver a message to the Illian god-king just before dawn.

All morning long, the two men watch as Amurite forces, familiar to them in a way only years can bring, deploy around the foreign capital. Again, potent summons are sent to screen their advance prior to closing with the enemy.

An unexpected question from the man disguised as a peasant: “Do you ever miss it?”

The man disguised as a fisherman mulls this question thoughtfully, slowly and with deliberation “Yes,” he finally says.

There's lots of go-to orders but thats because we need a rally point for our forces converging on the Illians. Also, i have some builds on star mode (*) (repeat unit) because i think we're in the end game. Mostly we are building an army (some cities have infrastructure builds to finish that i inherited).

i

Attachments

• Valledia AD-0489.CivBeyondSwordSave
    245.1 KB · Views: 127
Godfrey entered the spartan chambers of Auric Ulvin, the God-King of the Illian.

“Lord, the armies of the Amurites have entered our lands. The witch-queen has declared war on us, just as you prophesised. What orders for the troops?”

Auric turned around to face Godfrey. His tall gaunt features beared little resemblance to the Malakim youth who stumbled into the caverns beneath the Letum Frigus, years ago. “Yes, it has come to bear exactly as you told me.”

“I, my lord? No…” Godfrey started to say until he realised that Auric was not talking to him, his eyes were staring vacantly into the distance..

“We have done all you asked, we have drawn the witch to us. Her forces will overwhelm us. What is it you plan?” Auric continued speaking as if to the air.

“No, you ask too much, there must be another way. NO, you cannot. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

As Godfrey watched on, the face of Auric Ulvin started to change, bulging and blurring as if a battle was going on beneath his skin. An inhuman scream was being drawn from his mouth. Godfrey turned and ran, fleeing the room. As he sped down the corridor he heard a voice call out from the chambers, a voice he had never heard before. A voice that chilled him to the bone.

“I have returned. Now for my revenge!”

Hya all.

nice thing u got going here :)

A friend and I used to do it to; we would meet up at my place or his and decide as a council of war, lol.
l8r we added, 1 random minister which plainly means a D10 cube (D&D dice). when he or I would have optted for an action, and the other one would vote yes or no and then we threw the cube to simulate a nutral minister.
These were the days.

BTW, I think u can have both khalid and gibbon if you'll build "Blood of the Pheonix".
BoP, gives the unit the immortal trait and so if you switch to some other religion istead of just die it might get revived in your capital.
I said might ;)

keep it up :D

Hey Ben,

I tried to finish this one - but it's impossible. You've made Mulcarn so incredibly strong he can't be killed (or, more exactly, his Immortal bonus is it). In my last desperation I tried it with all 4 Horsemen, the Avatar of Wrath, the Dragons and Valin and Rosier in one stack - all promoted with Blitz, Mobility II, CR III, Combat V, Drill IV. Couldn't kill him despite >99,9% odds all the time.

Imhotep

I'll leave it to you if you want to close it out or just let it rest in peace :) . Just tell me if you want it to get done - it's won anyway, by far...

I read the first twelve pages and looking foward to the rest of it, I would love to be in the next game of this type, it is simply thrilling!

EDIT: And I'm up to date with the story. Again, if you start another one of these, I would beg you to let me be in the roster :p

I read the first twelve pages and looking foward to the rest of it, I would love to be in the next game of this type, it is simply thrilling!

EDIT: And I'm up to date with the story. Again, if you start another one of these, I would beg you to let me be in the roster :p

Quoted for ditto.

I too read the story and loved it. I hope another starts so I can at least read it.

Top Bottom