Fall Patch is out!

Anybody know how the new patch affects existing saved games? I looked over the notes but didn't see any relevant information.

Anybody know how the new patch affects existing saved games? I looked over the notes but didn't see any relevant information.
My old save game from yesterday seems to have updated. It now shows the Mercenary Army Social Policy.

Good news! Time to start a new civ5 game for me after couple of months of break/ rehab from civ5.

Is just the same as the last beta version isn't it?

Version #s:
2nd or 3rd Beta: 1.0.3.128
Final Patch: 1.0.3.142

They announced a 2nd update to the beta on Friday, but I never noticed receiving a Civ update. Don't know if I just didn't notice or if I never got it, so not sure if .128 is for 2nd or 3rd beta.

They announced a 2nd update to the beta on Friday, but I never noticed receiving a Civ update. Don't know if I just didn't notice or if I never got it, so not sure if .128 is for 2nd or 3rd beta.

I installed yesterday the last beta version, and it was .128. Yeah, in noted the number upgrade. The patch notes are the same so... maybe they have made some minor improvements over the 3rd beta.

Rules changes take effect immediately along with the flavor changes.

It basically means if you didn't participate in the Beta patch but had built a few space ship parts, the remaining ones would cost 2X as much.
In addition, if you were really close to Diplomatic victory, you are now further away.

And also minor side effects from AI flavor shifts can be expected such as an AI's settler suddenly changing direction from no longer liking the site it was headed towards and the very next build on several AIs cities building a science building.

Yeah, it affects existing save games, I can verify that.

Also, this looked new to me. It was under bug fixes but looks like a re-balance to me, and a good one!

"Score for being able to bully a city-state is now more determined by military units near the city-state and less determined by player's global military ranking." Yes! Finally, it was so silly that overpowering nearby military presence wasn't considered threatening if you were #8 in Military. This will make Deity bullying way more relevant early.

What was the total size of the patch in terms of MB's. Also confirm the latest version we should be using after the Fall Patch. Any future patches coming out in early next year? I mean...does anyone know if this might be the first patch of three to officially come out for Civ V Gods and Kings and Brave New World.

Thanks

Brew God

Hehe , the patch made me win a culture win because the final art policy gives 15% tourism instead of reducing policy costs. I was saving my space parts to pop them on turn 500 and on turn 496 a culture victory popped:lol: Definitely robbed me of a good 50 points:mischief:

Top Bottom