Fall Patch is out!

Oh , and i don't know if the patch has something to do with it but... Mad backstabbing sprees all over the place. I had 5 all green friends in my last game and they all backstabbed me from full green to denounce. And not a snowball denounce thing, they all did it on their own at very different times. They all happened in the same context tho.

- BFF asks to go to war against X. Go to war against X. BFF denounces.
- BFF 2 asks to go to war against Y. Go to war against Y. BFF 2 denounces.

All 5 backstabs were done in this exact sequence. We were all friends going to war against a common foe. It's not really a new thing in Civ 5 but... this was just lame and to an extent i never witnessed.

/immersion down the drain.

You probably had a DOF with the targets or warmonger penalties already. You have to be careful when you agree to go to war, the AI asking you wont care that he asked you to do it. Same gos when they ask you to denounce another AI, dont do it if you have a DOF with them.

I really like Germany turning into the Hanseatic League and Landsknecht becoming mercs. Just finished a game as Spain - cooked it a bit until I had a game where I found a Wonder after 10-20 turns wandering. Wasn't first finding it, but hogging Kilimanjaro led to a fun OCC for a while, until I saw Casimir had Lake Victoria and had been wonder hogging. Yeah, Trebuchets and Tercio got through TGW :D

Things led towards a culture game, and I got a win a turn before building an Airport. Futurism seems to be worth it now - though IMO it should be more like the secondary effect of a concert that an eternally fixed 250. The Mussolini strategy I always wanted to make work as Brazil looks more doable to me, now - a fighty buildy collecty politicky play has always drawn me in.

Ten gold stars to the first modder to add Gangnam Style as a Great Work :D

You probably had a DOF with the targets or warmonger penalties already. You have to be careful when you agree to go to war, the AI asking you wont care that he asked you to do it. Same gos when they ask you to denounce another AI, dont do it if you have a DOF with them.
Of course not , i only went to war completely clean diplomatically. That's why those backstabs surprised me. Maybe they were getting angry cause i was winning. I remember friends turning foes in Vanilla simply because i was approaching a victory condition. But i hadn't seen that kind of butthurt board game behavior from the AI in quite some time. I'm about to fire up a new game so let's hope things go back to normal lol.

What was the total size of the patch in terms of MB's. Also confirm the latest version we should be using after the Fall Patch. Any future patches coming out in early next year? I mean...does anyone know if this might be the first patch of three to officially come out for Civ V Gods and Kings and Brave New World.

Thanks

Brew God

Your version number should now be 1.0.3.142. I'm not sure about the size of the download.

There are no indications thus far as to future patches, although there is another DLC map pack due out in a couple of weeks.

Of course not , i only went to war completely clean diplomatically. That's why those backstabs surprised me. Maybe they were getting angry cause i was winning. I remember friends turning foes in Vanilla simply because i was approaching a victory condition. But i hadn't seen that kind of butthurt board game behavior from the AI in quite some time. I'm about to fire up a new game so let's hope things go back to normal lol.

You say you were clean diplomatically yet in your original post you talk about at least two declarations of war in the same game. You arent telling the whole truth here to us or yourself.

Ive never had the problems you are describing. AIs attacking you because you are close to winning just doesnt happen. Late game DOWs are all about ideologies or making DOFs with their enemies or border envy that they finally have the time to do something about.

Re-reading your post you talk about 5 backstabs happening in exactly the same way. So you declared war 5 different times in the same game and think you were completely clean diplomatically? Presuming standard 8 civs as well how you can possibly be friends (I presume you mean DOFs) with 5 other CIVs and make 5 declarations of war without backstabbing at least 3 of them yourself?

Top Bottom