Fanatika's Future.

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
From what I have seen in my week participating in the demogame is that we LOVE war. I love war too..

Except I wage my wars differently. I will not go to war unless I have the proper infrastructure to produce units and keep my citizens happy all in one. I agree with must finish liberating the Japenesse from their opressers, but after that, then what? What do we want to do? Another war? If we do right away, it will be the end of Fanatika. Our infrastructure is VERY poor. Our nation is not ready for another war. For example, my city has the following build queue: Pikeman (6), Temple (20), Courthouse (27), Pikeman (10). 7 production. 4 lost. Thats why a Courthouse is so important! I personally would like to see the Pikeman removed from this list, and have an aqueduct placed in the end of the queue. My city has been stalled at 6 production for a while. My city is not the only one without essentials like Temples, Courthouses and Aqueducts. There are lots. I would love to kill the americans off (Every Canadians dream... j/k) but I realize that in our present state we cannot. We need to create a better infrastructure that will allow us to destroy our ennemies more easilly. I request that after our current war is over that we DO NOT attack anyone else until all of our cities have the basics. (courthouses, temples, etc...)

Goonie

Thus my statement in the domestic department thread. I am trying to fit in more courthouses. Now that there's not a huge war threat, my province can focus more on infrastructure.

My province is planning courthouses, markets, and universities.

War is not really a choice in this game. We are playing with a severe handicap with respect to the AI. They can outresearch us, outproduce us, and even outreproduce us.

We must therefore grow substantially larger than the AI lest they overpower us and we become nothing more than a memory to the rest of the world. Our best way to accomplish this is through conquest.

Having said that, I too believe that we should shift somewhat more towards libraries, universities, courthouses, marketplaces, etc. with the provision that we continue producing pikeman for defense. Several of our southern towns are defended by a single spearman or pikeman or nothing at all! We must bolster our defenses or we won't have any cities to build these improvements in.

More on the topic can be found here . There I talk about how our lack of infrastructure is hurting our ability to research techs.

Those [here] links are very... circular. :D

Top Bottom