Farewell to Civ3

bathsheba666

Fast 'n Bulbous
Congratulations to Calis on winning Epsilon, and time to say goodbye to this forum.

I started my first pbem April 8 2005 -
"Almost Newbie proposes PTW PBEM Alpha"
this was followed by Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, and Theta
at this point I started Civ 4, but popped back here for Nu.

They were fun games, but so few finished.

Gamma, Epsilon, Zeta, and Theta reached the end
Azzaman, Calis, SpikeIt, and myself won these.

So many dropouts, including myself in Gamma and Epsilon.
I joined quite a few other games, but the end of these also mostly never came.

Luckily my Civ4 experience has been a mirror image, with most games finishing, many fewer dropouts, and a tendency to get through a huge ancient epics in well under a year's effort.

Slightly spooky to experience the unnannounced disappearance of usually steadfast players, such as Yakodi, and, especially Greybeard. I hope they are alright, and simply found a life in the real world.

I'd like to thank anyone who joined in one of my games, and I hope I see you on the other side soon, Civ 4 now, or perhaps 5 later in the year.

Congratulations to Calis on winning Epsilon, and time to say goodbye to this forum.

I started my first pbem April 8 2005 -
"Almost Newbie proposes PTW PBEM Alpha"
this was followed by Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta, and Theta
at this point I started Civ 4, but popped back here for Nu.

They were fun games, but so few finished.

Gamma, Epsilon, Zeta, and Theta reached the end
Azzaman, Calis, SpikeIt, and myself won these.

So many dropouts, including myself in Gamma and Epsilon.
I joined quite a few other games, but the end of these also mostly never came.

Luckily my Civ4 experience has been a mirror image, with most games finishing, many fewer dropouts, and a tendency to get through a huge ancient epics in well under a year's effort.

Slightly spooky to experience the unnannounced disappearance of usually steadfast players, such as Yakodi, and, especially Greybeard. I hope they are alright, and simply found a life in the real world.

I'd like to thank anyone who joined in one of my games, and I hope I see you on the other side soon, Civ 4 now, or perhaps 5 later in the year.

:cry::cry::cry:

Sad to see you going. We shared quite a bunch of PBEMs and it always was a pleasure playing with you. :clap:

If only I could get a good feeling with cIV. I am trying again and again, but the feeling isn't the same for me. Maybe civ 5 as you mentioned.

By the way, you forgot game Nu. Did you two finish it btw?

Anyway, I bid thee farewell my friend :wavey:

:cry::cry::cry:

Sad to see you going. We shared quite a bunch of PBEMs and it always was a pleasure playing with you. :clap:

If only I could get a good feeling with cIV. I am trying again and again, but the feeling isn't the same for me. Maybe civ 5 as you mentioned.

By the way, you forgot game Nu. Did you two finish it btw?

Anyway, I bid thee farewell my friend :wavey:

No, Spiffy had some positive RL events that he preferred.
He would have wiped me out fairly quickly had we continued anyway.

:wavey:

Top Bottom