• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Favorite Civ?

Out of the original 16, what is your favorite Civ III civ?

• Americans

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Aztecs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Babylonians

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Chinese

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Egyptians

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • English

• French

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Germans

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Greeks

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Indians

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iroquois

• Japanese

• Persians

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Romans

• Russians

• Zulu

• Total voters

Mr Funkypants

Wo Bist Du?
Out of all of da original 16 civilization civs, which one is your favorite? Mine is da greeks.:) Their science and money make them much better than anyone else. Theyre sorta like the new Zakharov from SMAC.:p

It depends, do you mean actually in plain old Vanilla Civ, PTW, or C3C?

Vanilla, it's probably the Egyptians.
PTW it's probably the Americans/Iroqious
C3C, I have absoloutly no idea. Definately an Expansionist one though...

Edit: Welcome to CfC btw :)

I dunno what vanilla means- but it's probably that. I mean civ without any expansions on it. I can't even do PTW's civs cause theres so very little room. Alas, we must work with what we have. Hey, and thanks for da greeting. :)

Persians for me
I love the Scientific/Industrious combo
But now the Ottomans are good too.

Well, vote peoples. I put a poll there for a reason. And I'm so happy my thread is already up to 5 posts, although i posted 3 of them. :p

ENGLAND!!!!! for the sole reason that they always get whipped when they r an ai civ so i feel sorry for the old homeland

And with 3 votes the field is even :p

Persia: Ind(before it was toned down)+Scientific(alas before it was boosted)+Killer UU

My favorite of the original 16 would have to be China by far. I've always loved doing that Rider rush in the early middle ages. Especially when most civs are still using Spearmen with a few pikes thrown in the capital or other major cities. the traits of Industrious/Militaristic makes this an awesome warmonger civ IMO. And I'm a warmonger, so this is the civ for me.

Apparently my thread is pretty popular! Great for my 1st. Well, my theory was correct, and that is that everyone loves persia :p It might not be everyones favorite civ, but i dont know anyone who hates this civ. Happy voting!

One vote for the english? (mine) come on people if nothing else how about a sympathy vote?

Babylon is the greast and most powerful civilization in the whole of the human race.

scientific and religious is a deadly combo!

My favourite of the Vanilla civs is probably the Persians and Germans. Two great war-mongerer civs. :D

Originally posted by Mr Funkypants
Apparently my thread is pretty popular! Great for my 1st. Well, my theory was correct, and that is that everyone loves persia :p It might not be everyones favorite civ, but i dont know anyone who hates this civ. Happy voting!

Very true, I love the Persians. They always attack me, so I don't have to start the war, and when conquered they always provide such well developed territories, with roads and irrigation or mines on every square! By far they're my favourate civ. The one I hate is Zulus, with just a scraggly little road connecting each city, at best.

Originally posted by a4phantom

Very true, I love the Persians. They always attack me, so I don't have to start the war, and when conquered they always provide such well developed territories, with roads and irrigation or mines on every square! By far they're my favourate civ. The one I hate is Zulus, with just a scraggly little road connecting each city, at best.

Indeed, the Zulus are stupid. I played against them once. Started a war, then ended it cause they wouldnt do anything. That same game the Persians got pissed at me and destroyed my territory! Crazy coincidence!:crazyeye: Keep voting peoples.

My favorite civ from vanilla Civ3 has to be the Persians. Industrious and Scientific make for a killer combo and the UU is virtually unbeatable in the early game.

That said, they are also my least favorite civ (at least when the AI plays them). Very demanding and powerful as well. Xerxes is a bugger of a neigbour.

I like the egyptians. Beeing religious and industrial, they have the best qualifications for the crucial early phase of the game.

I also like the Babylonians, their traits are optimal for a peaceful game and their UU is okay as well.

For warmongering, I like best the Iroquois (love their UU for early warfare), the Aztecs for Multiplayer (a killer when you have a human neighbor at the start, with your golden age they are eliminated before even getting into the game ;-) ), the chinese for medival warfare and the Germans, there's just nothing like a tank-rush.

As one can see my judgement is influenced by my preferrance for fast offensive units.

At first I did not realize why anyone would like an expansionist/religious civ as their favorite. But now i know! Their UU is loved by all. Indeed, sometimes i wish i had a unit almost as good as a knight without armor. But alas, we must be happy with what we get. :) Who's the fellow greek here? Please answer if you voted for greece like i did.

Top Bottom