1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Federation

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by flamescreen, May 15, 2005.

1. Marcus Maximus

Marcus Maximus Chieftain

Sorry as a self employed person I often get some very heavy work loads without much warning.
    have sent you my direct email.

2. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

Thanks, that might solve some issues.

3. flamescreen

So, some graphics that will be part of the mod. First the Borg Leaderhead. The creator did good work, only minor changes needed.

Attached Files:

4. flamescreen

A male borg drone. will have to make more major changes, but it's a good basis.

Attached Files:

5. flamescreen

The upper and also this one, a Borg Female drone, probably from the same artist(haven't checked their readme's yet), will be units, along with another not shown here, but will post a pic of it. The three combined will definitelly increase one's experience while playing.

Attached Files:

6. flamescreen

Also another unit, that needs changes as well, this time for the Klingons.

Attached Files:

7. flamescreen

I've spent more time at doing other models, but this is privileged for co-operetors of the mod. Maximus, go check the link! :)

8. Marcus Maximus

Marcus Maximus Chieftain

Wow I'm stunned I dont know how you do it. Do you use the same models for leaderheads & units?

9. flamescreen

Maximus, normally, I would respond to this differently, but there has been recent turmoil in a somewhat similar situation, so I'll ask you at least to be more cautious when you read.

Most of those models(and leaderheads) are NOT mine. I've searched for them for a long time and some I will modify, but they're not mine, as in my original work. Last time someone thought I was claiming something that wasn't mine, I had a clown newbie all over me, accusing me of stealing(no benefit of doubt, not asking first, no nothing).

I'm very cautious with what I say for this reason, since I get really irritated when someone accuses me of something I'm not. anyway, since you haven't checked the board with some of the other previews, here's the Phoenix, I made that from parts I got of other models, or I created or modified, so it's not really mine, but doesn't belong to someone else in total(I must have used at least 10 different models and some basic shapes I created.)

Not perfect but I think it's nearly 70% accurate.

P.S. when I only slightly modify something, they will be credited as creators of the model. Provided they included details, else a "not my creation" line will be added.

I'd like to see your work so far on that ship posted here or in my boartd, btw.

Attached Files:

10. flamescreen

Ok, Maximus seems to be lost somewhere or has too much work.
    Also apparently, I'm online when he's not and vice versa.
    On top, I created this board to schedule things on the mod, to which he's a member since july 10th but still haven't posted anything, so I closed the part with the pics there and decided I'll have to carry on by myself, till things considerably change. Cooperation is hard to work if the parties can't communicate.

Some pics from there with upcoming creations(will be a while though):
    This is the remaining units I dloaded and some clothing pieces i'm using.
    You can easily spot the Ferengi and Gorn, hopefully.

Attached Files:

11. flamescreen

Also a creation completely my own(using poser figures and basic shapes for the gun). I have some other things in mind, but most of the pics here are posted so people know what not to make if they think they want to make trek units.

It's not perfect, but I'm not a trekie to swet so considerably over it, or lose sleep. I might have to modify the Gorn slightly, but we shall see.

Attached Files:

12. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Who's doing the leaderheads then? They look very good :goodjob: ! Once Anno Domini is completed (about another three weeks), I might be in a position to do some stuff for you.
    I'd thought of doing a Star Trek mod myself, before my own mod came along, and considered that there'd be room for some minor races, who had limited ability, probably confined to their own star system and unplayable. These races would have a tech that was given to them at the start of the game which was unresearchable, but tradeable, which then allowed the player to research other techs and build a wonder that gave an advantage that was suitable to that race.
    For example, the Binars would trade "Binar alliance" which would allow the player to research "Binar technology" and build the holodeck, giving +2 happiness in the city/system that built it.
    Anyhow, I'm a huge Star Trek fan, who confesses to having every episode of every series on tape (sad git that I am), so I'd be up for helping out if you wanted me to - but only after AD is finished ;) .

13. flamescreen

^Depending. The Borg Units are all from the same person after all and the models for the Borg LH. The Klingons are all from different persons. Some stuff are from Trekiegrrl(or something), I think. There will be files with credits in the mod. The upper unit and the andorian is mine, some will also be mine, depending and using Kinboat's stuff(but due to costume usage I cannot use his creations much for this mod.)

I'm mainly doing the animations and will modify stuff were is needed. Glad to see you're offering for it, but have in mind I don't know of my availability, which can be a problem, and I don't want to trouble others with that. I know it's a problem for me with others so far.

But when you're through with your mod, we can go back to it to see. Mine is a long time from now still(aprox. sept. 2006) so there's time.

14. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Ok. What I'll probably do then is create and post a set of Star Trek leaderheads (including some minor races) that anyone can download and use, including yourself and Flamand ;) .

15. flamescreen

16. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

Hey thanks...! Let me know which ones you'll be making, ok? :)

17. flamescreen

I forgot to post this previously, and since I'm not focused on it that much currently, here's a test title screen I made for this mod.
    I'll probably have to change a few things, since I got special software for the alterations.

Attached Files:

18. flamescreen

Like I said for my other mods, this mod is also alive and not exactly kicking, but will see the light.

So will the land units and whatever else will be in it.
    i'll appreciate if I'm left with some originality for the units, after all, land units is mainly my idea(and my collegue's which is not really around though anylonger), just like the Ship-based mod was another person's and except for a few units(like the Phoenix), I've let them do it to focus on land ones myself, as I like originality.