feedback on AI combat behavior

I mean, I love immortals as much as the next guy, but this seems a bit extreme.

upload_2019-10-18_20-9-11.png

Stalker, a bit off-topic, but I would have settled Hamburg one tile to the West or SouthWest, because it would provide a better defensive position (from ranged units 2 tiles away), while still enabling a link between the two seas (via a fort).

On-topic - when I'm playing as Persia, I mass produce Immortals, they're a tremendous unit to have on upgrade.

It was the only occurrence all game, but I had another instance of randomly unprotected GG

Spoiler :
Screenshot (42).png

By the way, @Stalker0 , are those Immortals on Immortal?

Stalker, a bit off-topic, but I would have settled Hamburg one tile to the West or SouthWest, because it would provide a better defensive position (from ranged units 2 tiles away), while still enabling a link between the two seas (via a fort).

On-topic - when I'm playing as Persia, I mass produce Immortals, they're a tremendous unit to have on upgrade.

Agreed, don’t know what I was thinking :)

What are your map settings? Looks juicy.
Hah, I know right? It's just standard continents! Funny enough, my last two games played have been probably the best layout that I can remember. Here's a shot of my previous China game that had an almost equally awesome world formation.
Spoiler :
Screenshot (25).png

Hah, I know right? It's just standard continents! Funny enough, my last two games played have been probably the best layout that I can remember. Here's a shot of my previous China game that had an almost equally awesome world formation.
Oh sweet, and you left the sea levels at medium? What do you think of continents plus then? Activate that Windows! :c5happy:

Oh sweet, and you left the sea levels at medium? What do you think of continents plus then? Activate that Windows! :c5happy:
Yeah, I always just use standard settings for balance test reasons. when I played Continents + in the past, I found it to have a lot of CS with 1-tile islands that can't establish embassies, so I just stuck with normal Continents. I wish I could have the layouts of Continents map, but with features and terrain of Communitu.

As for the Windows (I've been waiting for somebody to call this out for ages lol)... I built my PC a couple years ago and was on a tight budget around Christmas, so I figured I'd skip buying Windows and put the cash elsewhere in the build (some of those compromises let me buy Civ V in the first place, hehe) considering I didn't get the free upgrade from 7. Fast forward to now and I still haven't shelled out for it; I'm too cheap, poor, and ill to justify spending 100+ bucks on something that really doesn't affect my system in any way except for having that small inconvenience in the bottom right of my screen. My GPU has issues now as of last week (I think it's actually fine because it's showing power, but my PCIe slot isn't registering in bios so that probably blew which means I've got to get an entirely new mobo which is ironically cheaper than having to replace my GPU) so that's my priority. I highlight this to showcase how full VP games with decreased settings can still be played and enjoyed despite playing on constrained hardware; it's not ideal, and those late game turns can get a bit heavy, but my i3-6100 has been running VP games with it's onboard graphics since my problem occurred. Good job with the performance improvements, VP team!

Last edited:
How did a CS get a Great General?

And in the eyes of the AI, YOU had an unprotected GG too.

It looks to me that that cs is owned by Mongolia.

Edit: If that's the case, the color looks different, though. Maybe he's using a mod to change it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom