Some thoughts on gameplay differences from older versions

frktest

Warlord
After about 1 year and half that I played 2022 VP versions I stepped ahead to 4.4.2; first of all I would send a big thank you to all people that worked to improve the game, big work guys!; also I would give some thought as a player feedback, on what I do like much or minus on some differences from 2021/2022 versions.

Like a lot:
Barbarians spawn very much and thru the whole game
AI very much improved and aggressive
Enhanced naval warfare integrated
Improved game balance, It happens less often that I do shut down a game before 200 turns because already won or lost.
Teaocalli building. very good idea.

Yes ok:
Buildings in mid game: BastionForts good idea, Gallery not so good, I think it slow down the game dynamic

I don’t like:
Coup on CS not available anymore; Coups were funny!
Can’t declare war to a Ai that have alliance with a an Ai with I have a peace treaty; that freeze a bit the game.
Submarines can fire by under ice, while more realistics, get too much advantage to submarines.

Things that cannot be seen:

Von Richthofen triplane has a longer range than Col Tibbets B29 Atomic bomber; that should be addressed Asap, I could say by shortening the first (by much from the 9 hex reached with promotions)
Also have Atomic Bombs with 8 Hex range would be fine.

Sorry if I do repeat a concept that I already did, but a galley shoud not be allowed exit coastal hex. Impossible! Have you ever seen one of that ships? In Genoa there is one, if you have to travel there have a look; how could they stay afloat in high seas? Moreover those ships had to ashore almost every day to get food and crew sleep; they had a a rate of 1 day and half ashore for 1 day of navigation

Have a nice day and gameplay.

Last edited:
Von Richthofen triplane has a longer range than Col Tibbets B29 Atomic bomber; that should be addressed Asap, I could say by shortening the first (by much from the 9 hex reached with promotions)
Also have Atomic Bombs with 8 Hex range would be fine.
And Oppenheimer can get you that B29 way before you can put Maj McConnell in a Spitfire. This game does have plenty of wacky stuff like that.
The 8 range atom bomb would be good tho

Top Bottom