FfH2 0.13 Balance Recommendation

i always find it a bit amusing, and frustrating, if your scouts run up to the hill giants, just to be sloughtered. is there any way to make them visible from greater distance (like hills or mountains are). i would suspect most people would notice someone who HUGE.

Kael said:
I suspect summoning situations like that are doublewins. There was some general lowering of summoned creature strength and of course the upgrade only requirements to slow mage creation. I like where it is right now, but I think the AI has to get a little better at using them (which Chalid has made awesome progress with).
I knew it! Magocracy almost sounds like a tech of its own.:mischief: ..........be afraid :eek: people be very afraid........:scared:

Thats Ok I have read Kull but I am all for nasty improvements with the AI in higher levels of play ya know I mean Prince to Deity shouldn't get away with not have Wizard crazies to deal!

Hi Kael and FFH team i have another suggestion:

Dont you think the barbarians and animals should be seperate factions? My only reasoning for this is because it doesnt make sense for leaders with the barbarian trait to be at peace with animals.

Animals are unintellegent and dont know about peace. So thats why i think there should be different factions for animals and barbarians.

Is this a good idea? And would this be possible?

Xanikk999 - That's actually a great point. I played Clan of Embers for the first time a few days ago. I was trying to get Warg riders, and inadvertantly started a two front war. (I was warring with the Ljosafar at the time.) It didn't seem to make much sense to me.

One problem I could see as them being separate factions...Would barbs kill the animals? They are in short supply as it is.

One thing is sure though. At the very least the Clan attacking animals shouldn't affect barbarian relations. Those wolves cost me an early war, and the game.

Thanks Chalid. That is handy to know.

I will include that in the FAQ. I've been working through all the threads making a word doc. There is a lot of material here. I'll get it up soon.

Xanikk999 said:
Hi Kael and FFH team i have another suggestion:

Dont you think the barbarians and animals should be seperate factions? My only reasoning for this is because it doesnt make sense for leaders with the barbarian trait to be at peace with animals.

Animals are unintellegent and dont know about peace. So thats why i think there should be different factions for animals and barbarians.

Is this a good idea? And would this be possible?

Yeap I would love to do it, but we are working under an 18 civ limit so if I did it we would lose one of our playable civ slots. Up to this point it hasnt been worthwile to do and lose the civ.

But I agree that you suggestion would be awesome to have and its still in my mind, we just have to wait until it can be done well.

M@ni@c said:
Get one of those sentry or mobility promotions.

i know, and i usually do.
i meant primarily for flavour, as there are not that many people, that wouldn't notice if there were some big-as-a-mountain guy walking about. (even a kid grown up in a city would notice if there were footsteps the size of a car on the ground) so people would (try) to flee from them like mice flee from people.

Kael said:
Yeap I would love to do it, but we are working under an 18 civ limit so if I did it we would lose one of our playable civ slots. Up to this point it hasnt been worthwile to do and lose the civ.

But I agree that you suggestion would be awesome to have and its still in my mind, we just have to wait until it can be done well.

I suspect that that may happen within the month...:mischief:

Top Bottom