FfH2 Roleplaying Games [Thread III]

Thread Necromancy (just for old time's sake) :thumbsup:

Hm.

Hmmmmmmm...

This does look pretty interesting though. Any chances this concept could be resurrected?

Yes, there is a possibility. Mainly by Using Evolve, and getting other people to use Evolve. It would work best if multiple people committed to getting a paid Evolve account so that no one was kicked off of the program.

Hamachi nowadays only works 1v1 unless someone hosts their own server (for MP games).

Tunngle may or may not work. But ever since Gamespy server shutdown, its pretty much been Evolve or host your own server (and even that has set up issues for participants) ... so Evolve is generally the best choice for gaining newcomers.

You can pretty much use any modmod so long as the folder is named "Fall From Heaven 2" so that the Evolve subsystem recognizes it .... ofcourse everyone would need to be using the same code of course. It is better to use lighter mods such as Naval AI, Erebus in the Balance, or Extra Modmod .... although Magister's Modmod and Master of Mana have been used to limited successes prior. ((less python calls generally mean less random Out of Sync errors, but we have played Master of Mana to full conclusion in several 1v1 games with up to 4 AI without any errors))

In the mean time, I'd be up for a game on a random Sunday or Monday ... (possibly even tomorrow, around 14-16 hours from now)

Last edited:
Today (indeed this whole month) is bad for me, but we can see about setting something up in February.

I will most certainly not pay for Evolve though, I am poor enough as it is.

I could possibly be interested.

Busy setting up my new company so the days would have to be right, but could end up with a server able to do some hosting, will know in the next month or so.

What mod is the go for multiplayer these days? I just play on my own personal modmod these days, but its pretty close to Vanilla.

Top Bottom