Final Fixes Feedback

The Flame8

Prince
Post here for feedback to my updates. The other thread is for general discussion and new ideas. Post here for problems, bugs, or other feedback.

Hey, here's some rambling about the barb/demon spawning from my last immortal balseraph game:

Rambling about Barbs
I played a game where I happened to be a far way from my rivals, and thus should expect, a decent amount of barbarian activity, but I faced little little preassure, only a cyclops or two occasionally trotteting around my borders, maybe because I tend to root out lairs quite agressively. After the cyclops I completely stopped noticing any barbarians. They seemed to retreat when I made some solid intimidating blocks of units at choke points. At one point I saw Tum Tum get made not too far from my northern borders, but for some reason he never came to visit :confused: Maybe he was too scared of my stacks.

I can't quite recall how much of a preassure the barbs were earlier, except for when comming across larger landmasses separated from mainland where they used to make giant hives if I recall correctly. In any case I agree that it seemed a bit over the top, and that the raging barbarians options should suffice for those who want more spawnings.

Rambling about Demons
The demon spawnings, on the other hand, I got more than busy enough dealing with, pretty much because I researched infernal pact and had a long border to the infernals and a lot of hellterrain-mountains which the demons kept popping out of. I guess since they pop out of mountains the changes shouldn't affect them too much.

PS: The change to make Acheron captureable worked just fine, except for some weird crash I got before which a reload solved. I have no clue what caused the crash. I managed to capture him just in time to use him to give the Avatar of Wrath a good beating :goodjob:.

Edit: Typo

I still have to do tweaks to the barbarians and I do believe they may have been weakened too much. But until that is fixed raging barbarians will work for anyone who wants extreme pressure. I like the lower amount of barbarians, but raging barbarians will bring back the horde. Glad to see the Acheron change worked as I usually deactivated him on my slow old computer.

For the demons that spawn that why my changes have no effect. I decreased the likelihood of barbarian/demon/animal improvements from showing up, which then indirectly decreased the amount of barbarians.

Hey there.

First, thank you for your final fixes nice to see someone looking at this mod again.

I've been a player of FFH2 for some time now, and I wanted to try something new (never tried any of the modmod yet). Last time I checked here (more than a year ago I think) the mod was abandonned, and I heard about all the bugs and didn't think it was worth it. Now I can finally try it :)

I have no idea if the changes you made are good or not because I didn't play the original mod before. There is only one thing I can comment on. It's my first game with the scions, and I have barbarians everywhere. It is not really a big problem, but they killed a lot of my workers, and I have to make troops to resist them and conquer the lairs. I don't know how it was in the original but if it is toned down here, I think it was a good modification you did :).

So, thanks a lot for your time, without you I probably wouldn't have tried it.

Hey there.

First, thank you for your final fixes nice to see someone looking at this mod again.

I've been a player of FFH2 for some time now, and I wanted to try something new (never tried any of the modmod yet). Last time I checked here (more than a year ago I think) the mod was abandonned, and I heard about all the bugs and didn't think it was worth it. Now I can finally try it :)

I have no idea if the changes you made are good or not because I didn't play the original mod before. There is only one thing I can comment on. It's my first game with the scions, and I have barbarians everywhere. It is not really a big problem, but they killed a lot of my workers, and I have to make troops to resist them and conquer the lairs. I don't know how it was in the original but if it is toned down here, I think it was a good modification you did :).

So, thanks a lot for your time, without you I probably wouldn't have tried it.

You just made my day :woohoo:
I really just started this because RiFE was abandoned and I felt it was so close to being so good.
On the barbarians: I made my first changes to the barbarians, but I hope to make more as I do believe they are overpowered and annoyingly destroy too much in the early stage.
Glad to see that you're finally getting to try it, and feel free to comment on anything else you feel needs a tweeck. I've made some changes, and it's finally playable, but I want to go farther. Thanks for the support. :goodjob:

Top Bottom