First Game at Regent

Yep, the button is there, but it doesn't do anything (except for deleting the SGL... :D)
Aargh. Oh well ... at that point there was nothing left to rush, anyway. :(

ToA temples do give you culture. The cpt does not double after 1000 years (because the game treats them as newly built each turn), but you get 2 free culture points for each town.

Actually the cpt do still double for any real temple and those are free of maintence while ToA applies. Only the simulated temples donnot get the double rate of culture after 1000 years. And really, when would those 1000 years for the simulted temples start? Simulated temples donnot inherit a date from the wonder that creates them.

Just won my 6th game at Regent ... Spaceship by the skin of my teeth. Standard map, Sumerians, ended up on a relatively small continent with scarce resources, by the time I was able to travel even by Galley, most of the land was already taken up, and the one town I put elsewhere flipped to the Iroquois very quickly. Nevertheless, managed to trade my way up on resources & tech, build the UN (also very close - would have lost if I hadn't gotten it), and only got into one war that was never fought (Persians DoW on me, but we ignored each other and just made peace eventually). Not one of my top ten games, but the toughest one yet due to being unable to expand very far.

Just won my 6th game at Regent ... Spaceship by the skin of my teeth. Standard map, Sumerians, ended up on a relatively small continent with scarce resources, by the time I was able to travel even by Galley, most of the land was already taken up, and the one town I put elsewhere flipped to the Iroquois very quickly. Nevertheless, managed to trade my way up on resources & tech, build the UN (also very close - would have lost if I hadn't gotten it), and only got into one war that was never fought (Persians DoW on me, but we ignored each other and just made peace eventually). Not one of my top ten games, but the toughest one yet due to being unable to expand very far.
Also, now that I think about it ... no freshwater source, limiting growth until I got Electricity, and I'm pretty sure I never got a Golden Age...

Won my first 8 games at Regent (I keep a spreadsheet), but once I started picking Random opponents I was getting attacked all the time versus my worst military of all time, and had no resources such that I just was getting creamed, so I retired from the next 3 consecutive games. Seems like the RNG was out to get me, so my next game planned (Standard map) I'm picking the opponents again and see if that makes a difference.

Top Bottom