First Scenario

ahh - so creative I can be :D

do you guys think we should make a 2-3 different kinds of chariots/wagons with this creature? Like a huuge variety with basically using the same thing :)

I guess this sounds like I'll have to skin it myself..?

Maybe I should look into getting the texture painted in ZBrush over back in Maya as a working texture..? Would help alot ^^

Well, there were actually two varieties in the Gungan Grand Army, one an ammunition carrier, the other pulling a catapault. So, if you want to work more, you can. But, I really don't see any reason for having more than the one variety.

Sounds great :D

What about a wagon which works like a chariot? The gungans would just be one or two with a lance ;)

as I said, we should be creative :D The more you find pics of the more we can do.

These are the only pics I can find. If you want, just look in the movie. Like when Jar Jar pulls open the wagon, making the ammunition spread everywhere. But, I don't think it should be a chariot, just because you could use a Kaadu for that. A siege engine and a troop transport type unit would be good, though.

Wow this is really impressive.

I think that maybe we should make Naboo as a playable civ. I know if I were playing an episode 1 game, I'd want to be Naboo.

Another thing to be decided is if there will be heroes. I think Star Wars revolves around Heroes, so that should make some difference. I was thinking Jarjar, Boss Nass for Gungans
Obi Wan, Qui Gon and Amidala for Naboo
Darth Maul (maybe Viceroy Gunray) for Trade Federation.

What do you guys think about the heroes and naboo?

I agree. I would be Naboo to, but it is kind of harder to make them do anything worthwile. Maybe if they retreat if Theed is conquered, or something? Just seems to much work for too little effect.

With the heroes, I think that Obi Wan and Qui Gon should be some sort of series of events. Every now and then they appear, do some sort of thing, then dissapear again, or go somewhere else.
Darth Maul should be the Trade Federation hero, as Nute Gunray is the leader.
Naboo hero should be Panaka, or Ric Olie, as Amidala would be the leader.
Gungan hero should be Captain Tarpals. Jar Jar is just too clumsy, and Boss Nass is the leader. If we really want to, we can have Jar Jar, though.

Okey... are we still talking about this 1st scenario? Then we COULD have JarJar be a Great General ;) isn't that his title? Great Warlord JarJar or something :p haha

I'll suggest JarJar becomes some sort of weak unit on a Chariot (like in the movies) which will 'sacrifice' itself aka attacking and losing... It will basically play a movie in which JarJar's clumsyness with the wagon destroys the wagon, and STILL manage to destroy all the enemies in a 3x3 tile radius around him... just like in the movie ;)

- would be a fun feature and could be well-used :p

So if you WERE talking about Leaders and all that, remember that this is like a Campaign, and in this Scenario a Republic/Gungan Alliance would probably be the best for the player to play as instead of actually selecting sides.. WE force them ;)

We also gotta adapt everything in the scenarios, which we will then later edit and match for the Full Mod.

The republic's stand should be based on the various players stands on some events. That will be a feature in BtS, right?

I have NO idea...

This is quite annoying - mind if anyone can link me to where I can read about the differences and features of BtS and Vanilla and Warlords..?

btw, folks - I'm working on a basic gungan which we'll use...

Is there something I can do to help? I would really like to get into modding.

I could help with music (I have the entire soundtrack for the saga ripped onto my computer, except for III because the library doesn't have it and I don't want to buy it because all the music's the same) and I do some CG with Autodesk Maya PLE 8.0 (which may limit me because there's a watermark over everything I produce) and I'm the process of learing C and maybe XML. I could do some miscellaneous graphics and/or maps as well, but I think you have someone on it already.

The units look really cool.

Top Bottom