[FIXED] Number of stacked units doesn't disappear when carrier is moved

mantis2007

Chieftain
Repro steps:

1. Load an air unit onto a carrier. The number of stacked units (2) appears on the hex above the carrier, in what I'll call hex A.

2. Move the carrier to a different location, now in hex B.

3. The number of stacked units stays on the map, in hex A. The number of stacked units also appears on hex B.

4. Move the carrier to a different location, now hex C. The number of stacked units appears on hexes A, B, and C.

In my experience, all of the stacked unit numbers (in hexes A, B, and C) were all clickable, and they (kinda correctly) activated the carrier's stack -- they let me select either the fighter or the carrier.

Expected behavior:

When moving the carrier, the number of stacked units should appear only on the same hex as the carrier's current location.

Unfortunately saving the game, restarting Civ V, and then reloading the save seems to clear the problem. I'll get a screenshot the next time I see this happening.

I'm about to go to bed, but I thought I'd toss this up here quickly. I can check if I have any saves that show this, but I can't guarantee that I do.

Basically, if you have aircraft, it shows a little tab with a number that tells you how many are there and you can click on this to select the units. When I rebase the aircraft, sometimes the number tab still shows up at the previous location in addition to the new location.

The same thing happens when rebasing to carriers (not sure about subs). Sometimes just moving the carrier will leave a floating number behind in the ocean.

Some of the leftover tabs are greyed out, but others I can click on and try to select the unit, but it does nothing.

Not sure if it's a graphical issue, but I am using DirectX 9. I know that there have been a number of other problems with dx9.

I'll try to post some screenshots or saves tomorrow when I have more time.

confirm for the carrier thing

steps to recreate: load the save, go to Paris, relocate fighter to carrier (8 tiles west) and move the carrier.

In this case, the icon even works to select the fighter

the save is the same I posted here

Direct link to save

Attachments

• CivBug4.jpg
    CivBug4.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 649
I have the same bug on the dx9 version:

nVidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
Windows XP
Latest Civ 5 version (as of 28 Sept)

To add to the report, the phantom icons don't ever go away during a game session. They just keep piling up all over the ocean. And when you have multiple carriers this becomes rather insane :p

In case it's relevant I had the naval tradition social policy (+1 movement for ships) since I heard that having extra movement was causing graphical glitches with swordsmen too.

Moderator Action: Threads merged

This also affects loading missiles onto subs. I haven't tested with missile cruisers but I would guess that they would be the same.

This should be a high priority fix.. it's a big enough pain moving a massive invasion force overseas. It gets unbearable when you have a bunch of random numbers activating distant aircraft blocking your ability to click on units in water tiles.

In v. 1.0.1.217 I have not seen stacked unit numbers "hang" around the map, and I cannot reproduce the bug anymore. The bug seems fixed.

Aircraft on carriers stationed in cities do produce extra stack numbers, but these disappear as soon as the carrier leaves the city. While the interface display may not be the best, it seems to work as intended.

Top Bottom