• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Flamethrower

awesome AA ! smitty will be cheering for his WW1 mod, I will just swap the marine for an appropriate new model. (perhaps with a gasmask ;))
Thanks for a great work

If you'd like I can post the blend file so you can avoid reboning and just modify the model to your needs.

You can do that in blender? I never actually found a way to get blender exports directly into Civ, they seem to lose parts. It may be that I have not tried with the newest scripts though, but I always use Nifviewer to get the models attached to the bones..

yeah, blender does lose some of the nodes, but they are the less important ones and can be replaced in nifviewer with nodes from the pre-blender unit with just drag & drop. and sometimes it forgets the texture files and those need to be relinked. but I find it to be quite reliable.

Ok, yah. I just never have much patience to play around with NifViewer, the most I like to get into is putting turrets on ships. :p Though once I did get the Spy to use the rifleman's animations, was quite cool..

They best way to talk about pirates is to Hijack something, you know.

Well yes, that is true pirating. :p

But we don't want anyone trying to read the stuff relative to the unit, have to wade through 10 pages of other stuff. :p

Awesome unit Alazkan, now I just need to find a place for him in my mod (with a new texture/model maybe)... :mischief: but you've done all the complex work so you deserve lots of credit. :devil: Also we can't forget who worked out how to rebone units. :D

I do. My friend basically forced me to try it, and then I was enlightened to how superior it is compared to Civ 3.

I'm going to frame that and bring it out whenever some Civ 3 noob trys to tell me how much Civ 4 sucks. :lol:

Chugginator said:
I'm going to frame that and bring it out whenever some Civ 3 noob trys to tell me how much Civ 4 sucks. :lol:

And I used to be so Anti Civ 4 for such a long time... It might actually mean something to that person.

I personally didn't like Civ 4 when it first came out, because of the graphics and the new units system with the base strength with bonuses, instead of attack and defense.. but it's grown on me and you can't ignore all the extra, more complex features that outdate Civ 3. I can't imagine civ without religion now..

I can't download this unit, could it be re uploaded?

It´s also available in my "ww1 complete Infantry pack1" thread, cheers.

Hi
I have managed to add the unit, and now I wonder how to add the effect. Is there any toturial on that, or could some of you help me?

I have managed to add the unit, and now I wonder how to add the effect. Is there any toturial on that, or could some of you help me?

Add this code to CIV4EffectInfos.XML and the flames are there (thanks to seZereth):

Code:
<EffectInfo>
	<Type>EFFECT_RIFLEBLAST_FLAMES</Type>
	<Description>Rifleblast for Flamethrower</Description>
	<fScale>2.0</fScale>
	<fUpdateRate>1.0</fUpdateRate>
	<Path>Art/Effects/FlameThrower/firespray_sfx.nif</Path>
	<bIsProjectile>0</bIsProjectile>
</EffectInfo>

Change the sound:

This code must be in Audio3DScripts.XML:

Code:
<Script3DSound>
	<ScriptID>AS3D_UN_FLAMETHROWER</ScriptID>
	<SoundID>SND_FLAMETHROWER</SoundID>
	<SoundType>GAME_SFX</SoundType>
	<iMinVolume>90</iMinVolume>
	<iMaxVolume>100</iMaxVolume>
	<iPitchChangeDown>-7000</iPitchChangeDown>
	<iPitchChangeUp>7000</iPitchChangeUp>
	<bLooping>0</bLooping>
	<iMinTimeDelay>0</iMinTimeDelay>
	<iMaxTimeDelay>0</iMaxTimeDelay>
	<StartPosition>NONE</StartPosition>
	<EndPosition>NONE</EndPosition>
	<iMinVelocity>0</iMinVelocity>
	<iMaxVelocity>0</iMaxVelocity>
	<iMinDistanceFromListener>0</iMinDistanceFromListener>
	<iMaxDistanceFromListener>0</iMaxDistanceFromListener>
	<iMinDistanceForMaxVolume>500</iMinDistanceForMaxVolume>
	<iMaxDistanceForMaxVolume>1000</iMaxDistanceForMaxVolume>
	<iMinCutoffDistance>7000</iMinCutoffDistance>
	<iMaxCutoffDistance>7000</iMaxCutoffDistance>
	<bTaperForSoundtracks>0</bTaperForSoundtracks>
	<iLengthOfSound>0</iLengthOfSound>
	<fMinDryLevel>1.0</fMinDryLevel>
	<fMaxDryLevel>1.0</fMaxDryLevel>
	<fMinWetLevel>0.5</fMinWetLevel>
	<fMaxWetLevel>0.5</fMaxWetLevel>
	<iNotPlayPercent>0</iNotPlayPercent>
</Script3DSound>

This code must be in AudioDefines.XML:

Code:
<SoundData>
	<SoundID>SND_FLAMETHROWER</SoundID>
	<Filename>Sounds/Units/Flamethrower</Filename>
	<LoadType>DYNAMIC_RES</LoadType>
	<bIsCompressed>1</bIsCompressed>
	<bInGeneric>1</bInGeneric>
</SoundData>

Replace the attached file Paratrooper_MD_RangedStrike.kf in the Flamethrower folder by the one attached and put the Flamethrower sound in the folder Sounds/Units.

You should hear a click and a whoosh in stead of gunfire :)

Attachments

• FlamethrowerFiles.rar
    14.7 KB · Views: 202
The weapon and backpack of the Flame Thrower and SeZereth's similar unit show up as pink to me. Anyone know what's causing this?

Top Bottom