Flashing Orbital Units and Manufactories

simcoast

Chieftain
I have this annoying graphical bug with all my Civ BE games where Orbital Units and the chimney areas of Manufactory improvements start flashing once you deploy a certain number of orbital units.

This only happens when there are a large number of orbital units deployed on the map, but the graphics begin to flash after about 15+ or so orbital units deployed.
They only flash in the standard layer and look fine in the orbital layer.

It's incredibly annoying and can sometimes lead to game crashes if you move the screen too fast, although that crashes only start occurring after deploying around 40+ orbital units.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Having the same problem.

user experience notes:
seems like when combat requires you to use an orbital unit the game doesn't crash, but that may be a subjective observation. so far no crashes via combat satellites (been in "orbital crash mode" 100+ turns).

also find that i can open orbital view on some areas of the map while others crash; if i open elsewhere on the map then scroll to a problem area, crash ensues.

reducing the number of AI satellites via war seemed to help briefly, no telling how many were built back, also may be subjective observation

OSX 10.9.5 MacBookPro11,3 15" Retina w/ NVIDIA Geforce GT 750m CUDA version 6.5.45

massive map
vostock difficulty
custom water levels etc - don't remember off-hand

steam package version 1424305157
steap api v017

Console error messages associated with crash:
com.apple.launchd.peruser.503[340]: (com.aspyr.civbe.steam.107568[33694]) Job appears to have crashed: Bus error: 10
AND
"UserNotificationCenter[33312]: *** WARNING: Method userSpaceScaleFactor in class NSWindow is deprecated on 10.7 and later. It should not be used in new applications. Use convertRectToBacking: instead. "
"SystemUIServer[409]: *** WARNING: -[NSImage compositeToPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] is deprecated in MacOSX 10.8 and later. Please use -[NSImage drawAtPoint:fromRect:operation:fraction:] instead."

Civilization Beyond Earth version current:
1.0.3 (126317)

grep -r 'd some files in CIVBE.app <- not real name of app, that have NSWindow in them but they were .nib files and unix executables which are beyond me to mess with.

had another bug in my game with covert ops, fixed by following instructions here

submitting this to aspyr as well - let me know if you see any similarities

Top Bottom