flc problems

I guess you would need to mess around with the palette... Just my guess...

Somehow you have made the "background" color one of the "civ-specific" colors I believe...

Depends on which program you use, if it is the last or the first colors that are the civ specific or background/shadows etc...

A good way to check colors is to use Flicster and to select Alpha palette. If the background is not entirely grey you need to correct a few things.

Otherwise I think you need to ask someone who is good at handling palette.

I don't know how well you know your graphics program, so it's difficult to help you. Do you know how to check the palette? What program do you use?
the background colour should be the last one (in the palette) in psp / the first one in photoshop.

i sorted the palettes out made it so that the invisble background colours are what i wanted them to be. but it appears that the colours I wanted to be invisble were civ specific and vice versa so now i have to swap them round is there an easier way

You don't have to swap them back and forth, unless you want the background to be magenta, and the civ colour red/blue. Just change the last/first colour to some unused one and change the background to that colour. Silmilar with the civ colour, though this can be harder, as there is more than one of those. Hope you get this. :)

sort i've adjusted default and attack and their good

know another problem when i alpha blended my run.flc the skin of the unit went dark as well the background colour how do i fix that?

alpha blending shows how a unit will look in game e.g it eliminates all colours that won't appear in game but when i alpha blended the run flc it turned the unit partially dark

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 108
Doh!
That sort of alpha blending, I was apparently tired yesterday. :crazyeye:
Can you post a pic of the palette, and tell what graphics program you use? I think that your background colour could be from the shadow part of the palette.

Originally posted by mrtn
... and tell what graphics program you use? ...
It looks like photoshop, I'll asume this until you bloody well tell me that it isn't.
This pic is the palette from the Medieval infantry. The first colour, the magenta, is the transparency colour. You have white as transparency.
The rest of that row, all the greens, are the shadows. It doesn't matter what colour green it is, the important thing is where in the row the colour is situated, darker shades are to the right.
The last row, the blues, are the civ colours. You just have blacks here.
When you create a new palette (which I think you should, yours are messed up), you can choose custom, and click that. Then you'll get a palette which will probably be greyed out, except for the first colour white, and the second black. Double click these, and make them magenta (255, 0 255) and green (0, 255, 0) instead.

You can also note the RGB numbers for all your shade colours, and place these in the appropriate place (the last row) in the customized palette.

It also seems as if you have used anti-aliasing sometime, as you have different shades of magenta in the palette. This will probably give your unit pink fringes. In the (new) palette you can double click these and change them to some other ugly colour (for example yellow (255, 255, 0)) and later (when you only have one magenta in the palette) fill these with magenta (with the bucket tool, anti-aliasing and contigous off and 0 tolerance).

Hope all this helps.

Top Bottom