Flesh golems

Unfortunately Corlindale does not force a peace treaty. I had him cast the spell. Two turns later the same civ declared war on me again. It just resets the AIs wish to attack you. If they still consider you weak they will declare war on you again.
In MP it's completely useless as a human player can just declare war on you again immediately after you cast it.

Unfortunately Corlindale does not force a peace treaty. I had him cast the spell. Two turns later the same civ declared war on me again. It just resets the AIs wish to attack you. If they still consider you weak they will declare war on you again.
In MP it's completely useless as a human player can just declare war on you again immediately after you cast it.

Which is why it would be vaguely useful to be able to force peace once each turn. Peace kicks units out of your borders, so any successful attack has to be able to capture the city in one turn from outside your borders.

Not a great strategy, but it ranks above automating workers.

hm... well if you;ve got archmages other then corlindale and a one turn peace isnt enouhg for u to recoup your forces: you did somthing wrong. and having all eight archmages take life III? what a waste.

Strangely, it seems that to get the badge for 'Build a Flesh Golem with more than 15 strength' you only have to build one of 15 strength. Also, holy strength counts so with Bless you only need a Golem of 14 strength.

I guess you can only get 1 flesh golem per unit with body 3. Right?
So if you have 4 archmages with body 3 you can get at max 4 flesh golems.
=My first question.

How does graft flesh work.
I noticed the first units you graft with give +1 strength (+kraken for exemple). If your flesh golem has a base of 9 strength, when you use graft (also with Kraken), it gives your golem +2 strength.

Anyone knows the formula behind grafting?
=my second

You can have max 8 flesh golems (4 archmages, 4 liches). Golem strength is increased by 1 if the grafted unit is stronger.

Edit: some heroes would probably allow you to have even more golems, but even 8 is an overkill.

From Wikipedia

And Wikipedia is always right.

It has to do with adopting a policy that if your enemy can use it, and its flammable, go to town!

Exactly, so why would you do it while advancing?

Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the thread or make you feel bad.

edit: from dictionary.com:

dictionary.com said:
An antitakeover strategy in which the target firm disposes of those assets or divisions considered particularly desirable by the raider. Thus, by making itself less attractive, the target discourages the takeover attempt. Such a strategy is almost certain to penalize the shareholders of the target firm.

Playing as the Amurites you could get like 14. That would be fun.

so just play as the amurites, get 4 body mana, and have a hay day! On a side note, if you get more of a type of mana, do all your arcane units already built get it, or is it just for built/upgraded units?

Arcane units that are already built do not recieve the bonuses

so get 4 body mana before building govannon...

Oh, my feelings aren't hurt. Just saying that if you're going to correct me, make sure you do it right. :) That's why I quoted several sources on the actual meaning of the phrase [plus, I love derailing threads. As much fun as a train, with half the cops!]

Exactly, so why would you do it while advancing?

You do it when you do not intend to hold the territory you take. This can be because the enemy will probably be able to retake it if you try to hold it [Sherman's march to the sea] or because you see nothing of value in holding it [a continent in FfH that you have no wish in expanding into].

Flesh Golems are ideal for this kind of warfare in FfH as they can quickly amass promotions that allow them to move quickly, burning cities as they go. In terms of getting a Conquest Win, why would I want to spend the time to transport troops over to take and hold cities? Better to simply send over an expendable Unit-o-Death and eliminate the civs there in a few dozen turns.

Also, while wikipedia bashing is always fine and good, quoting dictionary.com as a rebuttal is...less than fulfilling. Especially when it references to the corporate practice rather than the military one. A better choice would be the first [though narrow] definition from Miriam Webster:

1 : relating to or being a military policy involving deliberate and usually widespread destruction of property and resources (as housing and factories) so that an invading enemy cannot use them

:)

dictionary.com said:
An antitakeover strategy in which the target firm disposes of those assets or divisions considered particularly desirable by the raider. Thus, by making itself less attractive, the target discourages the takeover attempt. Such a strategy is almost certain to penalize the shareholders of the target firm.

Why would you offer the definition of the phrase as it pertains to corporate takeovers as better than the definition of the phrase as it pertains to warfare when the use of the phrase in question in this context pertains to warfare?

That sounds more like a poison pill to me, but then again Scorched Earth always makes me think of tanks.

scorched earth feels like... Attila ...
"where my horse goes, not even grass will ever grow again".

Top Bottom