1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Flesh golems

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by xalien, Apr 22, 2009.

1. cIV_khanh93

cIV_khanh93 Prince

im pretty sure hes grafting krakens for their base 17 str :p

2. jimi12

jimi12 Half Jedi

I ahve to say i didnt realize it was unit specific. thanks for the heads up. Yeah i didnt really care about the HN but more the 17 str.

3. bosun777

bosun777 Chieftain

With the four speakers summoning kraken every turn it doesn't take long to get 17 strength, then graft a champion for the mithril weapon bonus. It seems a little overpowering.

4. xalien

xalien Prince

Well, this is what I've got, it's pretty much complete, although I could still add a Formation 1 . I don't know, maybe I could get even higher strength if I'd have applied bronze and iron weapons before mithril if it still works that way.

Attached Files:

5. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

not to rain on your parade, but scorched earth is a defensive tactic. otherwise its called pillaging.

I've only made one flesh golem, and it was just to see what body III did. :blush:

6. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

This is an exploit, and it was patched a while ago.

There are two solutions to it in the code. Either immortal units can't be merged, or merging them causes them to lose immortality and die permanantly

Not sure which one FFH uses, but in any case it doesn't work anymore.

7. Imuratep

Imuratep Cultist of the Old Ones

Gibbon Goetia with Body III and Life III and an early hero like Gilden Silveric or Rantin. This way you actually don't lose anything by sacrificing a unit for the Golem as you can resurrect him 7 turns later. Your golem will have a very high base strength for this stage of game and can have any promotion as you can promote your infinitely resurrected hero with those ones your golem does not have yet.
    Ljosalfar start with Life Mana so you just need to get body mana and Clan IIRC starts with Body Mana so you only need Life Mana. The Flesh Golem though is an illusion, so you still need units that finish the injured unit off, but this flesh golem will win any battle and it's only a matter of time until you capture any city he attacks. Additionally your defense is quite invincible as illusions regenerate 100% after defending sucessfully.

8. HadesScorn

HadesScorn Warlord

Beg to disagree [politely]:
    From Wikipedia
    From Mirriam Webster
    From the Second Boer War in Encyclopedia Brittanica
    In short, scorched earth has nothing to do with offensive or defensive war. It has to do with adopting a policy that if your enemy can use it, and its flammable, go to town!

9. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

I believe that you can only resurrect your hero once. And I highly doubt that a feshGolem is an illusion. I am not convinced that a Golem created by Goettia would be influenced by the same mechanics as a Summon

10. cabbagemeister

cabbagemeister Please wait...

I think that's wrong; you can resurrect as much as you want.

I know that's wrong; Flesh Golems are summons just like any other unit created by a spell.

Edit: Ha! I beat Magister to the punch for once!

11. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

You can resurrect your hero as often as you want, so long it dies again. (I believe the prereq runs both before and after the unit is immobilized by the delay, so having multiple casters cast it while the hero s dead will not get you extra heroes.)

Flesh golems are summoned just like any permanent summon, and they do get the Illusion race if summoned by an illusionist. I believe we could get around this by adding <CreateUnitPromotion>PROMOTION_GOLEM</CreateUnitPromotion> right after <bPermanentUnitCreate>1</bPermanentUnitCreate>

12. smusebaer

smusebaer Warlord

craft in mutated warriors, very cheap method to get the positiv mutation Promotions.

13. Milaga

Milaga Prince

I thought you needed to have a graveyard to resurrect. In most of my games, graveyards don't last very long and it's rare that I have one within my borders.

14. Imuratep

Imuratep Cultist of the Old Ones

You don't. The spell "Resurrect" is actually two spells. The first one can be cast any time with a delay of 7 turns and resurrects the hero of the civilization. The second one needs a graveyard and creates a Champion Unit with up to 30 XP
    Source: FFH manual http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265888

15. MagisterCultuum

There are actually 2 resurrection spells, with the same prereq Life III promotion. The one that requires a graveyard gives you a champion, not your hero back.

Edit: Ninja'd

16. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

MC got ninjaed twice on one page :eek:

Oh and I have to try and make some flesh golems soon - it sounds exciting!

17. Ribusprissin

Ribusprissin Warlord

So the code checks to see if your hero's dead when you start casting and when you finish casting, but what if he wasn't dead in between? you could have 7 casters on resurrect watch, and get your hero back each turn. I suppose this would only be truly useful to the Mercurians though ... and they probably couldn't get seven Life3 casters anyways ...

18. MagisterCultuum

Why would that be so useful for the Mercurians? It isn't like they get their traits back when he returns.

19. Emptiness

Emptiness []

Yesterday I merged an extra Shadow I had lying around with a flesh golem I'd created because one of my archmages had a spare promotion and I picked Body III on a whim. Then I realized that my new invisible HN flesh golem could wander through the territory of other civs, even ones I'm at peace with, pillaging their improvements. I think that ability (to pillage with impunity) may be even more important than a high strength, although of course there's no reason why you can't give a flesh golem both.

20. odalrick

odalrick Emperor

You'd need eight casters, since the one who resurrected him this turn won't be able to cast again.

Uses for repeatedly killing your hero...

Corlindale could declare peace once each turn, which is sort of like a permanent sanctuary (lots of extra drawbacks though).

Dragons could be grafted into a Fleshgolem each turn, useful for raising their strength through the roof. Other heroes could too, but only dragons have the high strength that makes it vaguely rational.

The sidar hero needs time to mature between each waning, so limited use there.

Deleting Govannon each turn allows him to chose a new first level promotion to teach each turn. Very limited utility, especially since you are tying up eight archmages to do it.