Food and growth with V128 (CiVUP only)

ifinnem

Keep it interesting
Was playing a game trying to grow a huge capital when I started noticing some weird things with food and growth display / calculations

After several test games with vanilla (.511), CiVUP and older mods I replaced with CiVUP (Smoothpack etc.) the problems seem to be limited to CiVUP

I have installed v128 with _VEM
Summary of issues
1) +X% growth policies and wonders have no effect
2) Maritime food appears double counted and also popups don't say how much food you are supposed to be getting

Details
1) +X% growth policies and wonders have no effect
Selecting the LE policy grants the +2 :c5food: in the capital square but the +10% growth does not show up in the tooltip in the cityview nor does it affect the actual surplus food added each turn
Building TOA has no effect on :c5food: whatsoever

2) Maritime food appears double counted and also popups don't say how much food you are supposed to be getting
e.g. Tooltip for food from a befriended maritime (ancient era I believe) seems to add 2 :c5food: to the city square and also 2 to the "from CS states". I.e. the tooltip shows the sum of :c5food: from terrain having increased by 2 and shows a new line item with 2 :c5food: from CS. This is confirmed as when the status of friend is lost, :c5food: decreases by 4

None of these issues occur when I disable CiVUP. Deleting cache etc seems to do nothing
Pity as I was hoping to adopt CiVUP as my interface mod of choice...

I figured out the problem with Landed Elite. There was a logic mistake which prevented CapitalGrowthMod from being scanned correctly. This should be fixed in v131. :thumbsup:

Maritime citystates give infinite food in vanilla, and a fixed amount in VEM. Since the maritime citystate notification is called from the game core only Firaxis has access to, it's not possible to change it to accommodate for both infinite and fixed varieties in the tooltip.

I'm now investigating maritime food counts.

Update: I've fixed the problem with the "2:c5food: from City-States" on the city yield list. It is now hidden in the "from Terrain" part like vanilla. I don't like hiding information from the player, but there's no way to change that (in CiVUP-only) without game core access.

Top Bottom