Foreign Affairs Issues for the upcoming turns

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
Japan

Do we want a peace treaty with Japan, or do we want to finish them off? We have enough units nearby to eventually take the city, but, depending on luck it may take a few turns. They have nothing of value other than a worker to offer us for a peace treaty. It is my opinion we should finish them off.

Persian-French Alliance

The Persians have convinced the French to side with them in their war against the English. The English are our ally against the Persians. I do not think we should become directly involved, however, other forms of aid might be a possibility. At this point, it is my opinion we should wait and see what happens before making any moves.

Alliances coming to an end

If we do sign a peace treaty with the Japanese, we must remember to break off our alliance with India first. I suggest we then sign a RoP with our neigbor to the south to secure their friendship for the time being.

Chinese units in our territory

The only thing that needs to be said here is that the route these troops take should not pass by any undefended or poorly defended cities. It is apparent that their goal is Persia, but lets not show them any weakness.

Our southern border

The Foreign Affairs Department begs the governors and the military department to significantly increase fortifications along this border.

In an attempt to improve relations further with the Chinese, I believe we should trade them furs for 130 gold, 2gpt, and their world map. This would hopefully raise their attitude to polite.

Just wanted to mention that we also have an alliance against the Japs with the Russians, IIRC.

I am personally very much in favour of finishing off the Japs, since I recall them having quite impressive culture. Given that we just rushed the FP in what used to be their cultural capital, I would really like to see the risk of cultural reversion removed permanently. This, combined with their lack of wealth in terms both financial and intellectual, makes peace with them seem like a decidedly profitless venture which carries greater risk than the alternative.

Japan
Kill 'em. They can't afford the price we should place on their survival, so their fate should be sealed.

Persian-French Alliance
I absolutely agree with you 100%, Eyrei. Stability in that region is in our best interest, and we should do what we can to preserve the balance between England and France short of direct involvement.

Either way, the alliances against Japan will be ending. I also agree that we should pursue some trade deals and/or RoPs with our allies to keep them friendly while we position ourselves for our next growth phase.

I agree. Let them pass through and show them no evidence of weakness as they go. It'd be a real shame if they were attacked by the Indians while there forces were down near Rome and Persia....

Our southern border
Agreed. Many, many Pikemen have already been dispatched or built in those southeastern cities. More should be on the way as well. The extreme southwest still needs more units.

Japan

Japan is weak, they serve no purpose.

Persian-French Alliance

Neutrality is the best course of action for now.

An Indian alliance could be useful in the future.

Just don't let them see us sweat and we'll be fine.

Our southern border

I agree, the south needs more units, maybe we could move some of our Japanese war veterans down to defend.

Overall, I think the world war is starting to come to an end. We should start thinking about our infrastructure afterwards. First, we should finish off Japan, and wait on the Persia-France allience. We might have inadverdantly opened a can'of'worms down there...

In regards to Japan, we will have to see what Kagoshima has waiting for us. It is a size 8 city on a hill, which means that even the lowly spearman's defenses get increased drastically. We have four units outside the city(one badly injured). My hunch is that will not be enough. It was one of the reasons I had recommended a temporary peace treaty after we took Nara. Although I know that is not my place, I was hoping the FA department would agree. If I remember correctly, we may have been able to get Satsuma through peace instead of having it fall to India.

Now, six turns after Nara and not much progress later, we are still in no position to take Kagoshima decisively. I partially blame myself for not thinking 7-8 turns into the future but with two wars going on and almost no feedback in the discussion forum, I don't think it is reasonable to expect me to. I suspect that these runaway chats that have become all the rage are cutting into the military department's duty to act swiftly and decisively by taking it's battle plans and running with them for the pure joy of the chat. Plus, we could have been in position to take Nara and Xochicalco much sooner if instructions were followed during Sunday's chat.

But things are looking up. Discussions like this that take place before the chat will help us anticipate how to use these chats more productively, rather than have the DP(whether it be the President or a Chat Rep) go through the motions without direction or department mandate.

Stay the course with these discussions, eyrei. When you post them, like today, things will go much more smoothly. Also, I would like you to post your concerns in the discussions that the Military Department raises. We need to both be on the same page before the chat so that we as a nation don't waste more military opportunities in the future.

eyrei's thoughts and proposed actions on these various subjects look fine to me, though considering our current military situation, I'd favor immieadiate peace with Japan.

Also, I would like to say that I will ensure that the South Doughnut Coast is well protected. I have order a pikeman to be recruited from Leningrado.

As usual, got a bit carried away last post.....just smack me.

Japan
You have made this decision so let's finish it. I suggest we attack next turn with what we have while sending other units for back-up. You can read about it in my next(and last this term) novel, coming soon!

Persian-French Alliance
Wow...this one could get ugly. I would recommend sending offensive units past Leningrado a bit just in case the French get bold. We should not monitor this from afar! I noticed that France and England have traded cities(Chartres for Hastings) so we should stay close if needed, but only if France declares on us.

You got it...just make sure to cancel the alliances. However, I don't think this will be an issue.

Let 'em pass. I plan on keeping some knights in Taliesin but some could head to England as well.

Our southern border
I wholeheartedly agree. As a matter of fact, I have proposed sending offensive units thru Huntington several times and it has not been carried out yet.

As I expect Falcon02 to return to his post on December 23rd, this should be my last chat this term as Acting Military Leader. I plan to stay active in the discussions and will continue to stress better communication between our departments. I know we have had our differences, eyrei, but I did learn alot this term.

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi

As I expect Falcon02 to return to his post on December 23rd, this should be my last chat this term as Acting Military Leader. I plan to stay active in the discussions and will continue to stress better communication between our departments. I know we have had our differences, eyrei, but I did learn alot this term. [/B]

Believe me, I don't hold the issues surrounding the Aztecs' demise against you, or think it was your fault, and I hope you didn't take anything I said too persoally, though I don't think I was all that harsh. It was just a string of miscommunications, made worse by the fact that your post was before mine in the turn chat instructions. I think you have done a remarkable job filling in for our absent military leader.
;)

The northern part of Japan that we conquered around 600 AD is still unorganized as a province. When it will be, I'd like to be its governor, or if thats not possible, the mayor of Tokyo. Whom would I need to contact for this appointment?

You could ask FortyJ, since he's the domestic advisor. Also, elections are coming up soon.

As China, Persia, and Babylon are the only Military forces that equal our own, I agree with firmimg up our southern defenses. Any kind of diplomatic agreement with India, to include an ROP as their troops will be walking back and forth to Satsuma anyway, would be advisable. If China and Babylon Join forces, we will need a close ally. Long term agreements with the Chinese and Iroquois would also be welcomed.

I agree with taking out the Japanese. I'm glad we finally got the Aztec nuisance out of the way. I can see Japan turning into the same problem.

The wait and see tactic for the French/English/Persian conflict seems to be a good approach there, too. It will be hard to monitor the strength of either the French or the English as both are weaker than us, but as Donovan Zoi has pointed out, monitoring the loss of cities by either side (if possible) may be the only way to accurately know when or if the is an appropriate time to step in.

Extreem Southwest (In other words, Rhineland)
/me pulls up save
Lets see...
Hmm... some queues are running out...
Ah... I see....
After the production is done, the provances are going into military mode. All of them are ending with a Pike (soon to be musket).
So... nothing here. As to everything else, watch out for Joan. Her UU, as we know, is nearing. Mabey she can help us w/ Liz?

Japan

I think we should let the army outside Kagoshima rest a few turns and then attack. At least we should take out the japanees soon.

Persian-French Alliance

Lets wait and see...

A RoP with India sounds good to me.

I too think it would be wise not to show any weakneses. The faster we get those units through our land the better it is. If they could wreak some havoc with the Persians before they are destroyed it would be nice.

Our southern border

I agree about sending defensive units to the border, but I think that our offensive units should finish of Japan first.

Top Bottom