Forever Speed

Crayton

King
This mod adds the game speed: Forever. It was requested that there be a 6050 turn speed to correspond with the 6050 years, the game incorporates. It takes a long time (I actually played until 2000 BC!!!) yet one of the additions are that war is more important. Enjoy (if you can).

You may unzip this to your GameInfo folder. It won't replace any neccesary code and merely adds another option.

Attachments

• GameInfo.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 782
cool. one question though. could you list what you actualy changed (and by how much).
as you can immagine starting a game at this speed is quite a time commitment, and i'd like to know what i'm getting into before starting.

having read the files i see what you did. thank you.
i guess i could assume that if anything needs to be tweaked for this speed, it would need to be tweaked between quick and marathon speeds, so this realy should cover everything.
and yet somehow i'm not sure that that'll realy work out. will definetly try it out though.

how much turns do you need for a first tech to research?
and to build something? a warrior for example?

It took me about 80 turns to research Fishing first, a Warrior was 150 turns -> Settler 200 -> Worker -> 120 -> Obelisk 225. It seems like forever (hence the name) but it works out fine.

The only annoying thing is that you have to continually press ENTER, or click on the little green button to advance through the years. After playing on this speed, all others will go almost too fast. :)

Thank You! seriously! :), what I'll do is lower the number of the unit building rate, this would make wars much more realistic.
Thanks man!:goodjob: :goodjob:

Can't the 'wait at each turn end' option can be turned off, and the turns can pass by automatically?

:)

This seems like a great mod...

It suits me perfectly since I like to play games forever...

(My last game I played to wipe out all rivals... although I won the cultural victory...and went past 6500 AD years!)

Ive just been recently using this mod...

but I noticed my rivals have not grown at all....

is that normal after about 500 years?

I mean I crank out settlers and my borders increase... but not them

they all have only one city... and only one pad
(the original plot where the city was founded)

but no border growth and 0% culture identity!

Is that normal? :confused:

or is something is wrong?

Please advise....

thx

So did anyone ever play this game? what happened....
details details..

did u destroy a civ with 2 tanks?? i want to know, it must have been pretty fun to play, after the initial 24 hours of playing in the stone age!

Can't the 'wait at each turn end' option can be turned off, and the turns can pass by automatically?

:)

That's a good idea. Multiplayer has a turn timer. Can that be added to single-player?

If you use that end of turn thingy, and none of your units move that turn, it will still force you to hit the end of turn button.

This idea is awesome, especially for us players who want our civ lives to be just like our real ones... haha.

I also would like to know if anyone has played a game with this MOD? How wild is it?

Wild? I would assume it's mind-numbingly boring. I am interested to see who has played it, though, just to see what their thoughts are.

Im woried that the game will be stupidly boaring or easy. I think that the production of things needs to be reduced, and it seems that this way the AI wont have a 2nd city till around 2k bc, when it usualy builds one. :/

Hi, I accidentally installed this, leading to me losing the two files it replaces.
Problem: I have BTS.
Anyone know where I can redownload those two files?

Hi, I accidentally installed this, leading to me losing the two files it replaces.
Problem: I have BTS.
Anyone know where I can redownload those two files?

Can you play BTS?
if no- reinstall Civ 4 and BTS that should work.

Top Bottom