Fortune of the Seas - A Golden Age of Piracy Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke William of Normandy

King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Fortune of the Seas

The Golden Age of Piracy. An era that has been romanticized like no other. One where the murderers, rapists, pillagers, delinquents, and all the negative monikers you could give these men have been rephrased into daring and ambitious young boys who secured great treasures through great cunning, resolve, and bravery. An age that included the likes of Henry Morgan, Blackbeard, Henry Avery, Mary Read, and Francois l'Olonnais. These famed privateers and plunderers etched their names into pop culture through their exploits. You were one of these adventurous souls, born in an age where turning to thievery and murdering would net a man more wealth than an honest life's work. Will you be able to rise above the nameless crowds and make your name amongst the greatest pirates that lived, or will your name be lost to history as a simple footnote?

Character Creation Part 1:

Most great men and legends were born into ages of great strife, events, and opportunity. You were no exception, being born in-
Spoiler :

[]1696, the year after Henry Avery’s capture of the Ganj-i-Sawai
[]1706, during the War of Spanish Succession, providing many opportunities for legal privateering
[]1714, the end of the War of Spanish Succession, leaving many jobless sailors that are willing to take up the pirates’ mantle.
[]1722, the year Bartholomew Roberts is killed, ending the Golden Age of Piracy

One's gender can be and is a fickle thing. For as many doors of society are closed to women, other hidden doors open to them. Fate or whatever God is up there has decided that you are a-
Spoiler :

[]Girl
[]Boy

Being born as a citizen of a particular nation can give you certain advantages. You had the fortune of being born into a colony that was controlled by-
Spoiler :

[]The Portuguese
[]The English
[]The French
[]The Spanish
[]The Dutch

The social station that one is born in can greatly shape their thought, ideologies, education, and traits. You have been born to-
Spoiler :

[]a successful merchant (+2 Stewardship)
[]the governor of the colony (+1 to all Attributes)*
[]the head of the Town Militia (+2 Martial and Combat Prowess when commanding on land)
[]slaves brought from Africa (+1 Good Character Trait in the next Character Creation post)
[]a retired naval captain (+2 Martial and Combat Prowess when commanding ships)
[]a local thief (+2 Intrigue)
[]the owner of the local pub (+1 Intrigue, +1 Diplomacy)
[]a well-to-do plantation owner (+1 Stewardship, +1 Diplomacy)
[]a local physician (+2 Learning)

Your adventure into the world and beginning of your story truly started when you were the age of-
Spoiler :

[]15
[]16
[]17
[]18
[]19
[]20
[]21
[]22
[]23
[]24

Please vote in plan format for Character Creation.* You can only submit one plan of your own. You can edit your plans but please refrain from doing so too much.
Another phase of Character Creation will follow this one.

*Attributes represent a character's expertise across various fields, and these can help shape how well someone does at a particular task. For example, someone with 20 Diplomacy is more persuasive in their arguments than someone who has 10 Diplomacy.

*Here is an example of a Plan Format:

Spoiler :

Plan Terror of the Spanish
-[x]1706, during the War of Spanish Succession, providing many opportunities for legal privateering
-[x]Boy
-[x]The French
-[x]a retired naval captain (+2 Martial and Combat Prowess when commanding ships)
-[x]18

There will be a 24-hour moratorium, which will be a period of creating plans and voting for plans made either by you or another person. Once this moratorium is finished, voting is officially finished and all the votes will be tallied. The plan with the most votes wins.

A/N - Hello there, reader! Welcome to Fortune of the Seas. This is my first quest thread ever, so the writing quality won't be genius, but it will hopefully be acceptable. I would love constructive criticism and feedback as to how to improve the story. Fortune of the Seas is based on the Golden Age of Piracy period in the Caribbean. This will be influenced by events in history, what knowledge I have of the period, CK3 in terms of some gameplay mechanics, and Sid Meier's Pirates! in terms of mechanics as well. Also, big thanks to Mr. Salt and Ryansinbela, with who I have collaborated to make this thread possible.

Last edited:
-[x]1696, the year after Henry Avery’s capture of the Ganj-i-Sawai
-[x]Boy
-[x]The English
-[x]a successful merchant (+2 Stewardship)
-[x]16

Announcement:

So, basically, since this thread isn't really picking up much steam, I've decided that we shall collaborate with Sufficient Velocity in order to get more votes. Basically, both people on the CivFanatics Forums and on Sufficient Velocity will vote. You guys have a headstart, but right now, only two people have voted, and that's not a lot.

Plans proposed on the Sufficient Velocity Forums:

[X] Plan Web of Intigue
-[x]1696, the year after Henry Avery's capture of the Ganj-i-Sawai.
-[x]Boy
-[x]The Spanish
-[x]a local thief (+2 Intrigue)
-[x]15

[X] Plan Flying Dutchman
-[x]1696, the year after Henry Avery's capture of the Ganj-i-Sawai
-[x]Boy
-[X]The Dutch
-[X]a retired naval captain (+2 Martial and Combat Prowess when commanding ships)
-[x]18

[] Plan Tio
-[]1696, the year after Henry Avery's capture of the Ganj-i-Sawai
-[]Boy
-[]The Spanish
-[]a retired naval captain (+2 Martial and Combat Prowess when commanding ships)
-[]17

Voting Period is now locked. Will have to wait for the people on Sufficient Velocity to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom