Fosse's Pitboss

I'm not exactly sure. I saw the difference when I logged in and some unit moves I made had changed.

The save I've used -- the game that's running right now -- is the latest valid save file I have. 3 turns in war is a big deal.... I can't find other files anyplace though except the autosave (timestamped from yesterday night) that is 400 BC. :?

The "bad lag" Dan felt when he logged in was my computer crashing. Hard. Just shut down instantly with a gut-wrenching pop in the speakers. Looking at the Civstats that happened when Dan was logged in. So Pitboss was invovled in the crash one way or another, but it doesn't explain the save game issue.

We're going to have to view this as an impromptu rollback. I'm horribly sorry. I'm not sure what else to do though.

Correction:
Civstats says we were down for about 10 hours. The game kept running and the turn rolled over, but very few people were able to log in and play the turn, as Mitiu Ioan wasn't able to and apparantly nobody else tried (since Civstats reported it down) or were able. So I've reloaded -- again -- to put more time ont he clock. It's still 1270 AD. Wing Wah, Dan, Ionut and Spike have not moved yet.

This has gotten unbelievably frustrating. 99 days out of 100 PItboss is a breeze. The last 24 hours have just been bad to me.

Yeah I realized that I seem to have missed a turn again because the server was down during the hours that I'm able to finish my turn...:( This is becoming boring.

My wife let me know that the computer crashed. I'm still away until Monday night. I count it as lucky it stayed up from last Tuesday until mid-Saturday without a reboot. :)

I'll have it running tomorrow night.

Back up. I'm in town for the rest of the month, too. So there should be no further issues for a while. :)

It did go down while I was at work today. Luckily I had saved it right after I played at 19 + hours left, so I've reloaded at this point with nearly the full turn. Civstats is still down, so I'll post here as turns roll over.

I am going away from the 27th to the 4th. On the 27th the game will go down sometime around noon, CST. It'll be back up as soon as I can get it on the 4th.

Crashed yesterday with several hours left. I'm not sure when, but there are about 5 hours on the turn, so you'll make your turn. However, I'm leaving town (again) for three days, so I'll post again when it's up again.

I'll be gone from Thursday morning until sunday afternoon, and the server will be down for the weekend.

-Fosse

Uppssss - seems that I belive that I was just on the way to perform a double move against Fosse :( ... and he just declared war upon me ...

Sorry - rollback the game before my started move if possible !!

I have been in the game and see that the double move did happen. However I know it was accidental and looking at the way things were when I logged off last and at what could have happened in between turns I don't think it really impacted much. A reload wouldn't really change anything and would inconvenience everyone.

Ionut, you're ahead of me in the turn order now and I'll just play accordingly. Sound good? :)

Top Bottom