• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Founding a religion (3.13)

Soneji

Prince and Great Steward
Do you no longer receive a free missionary?

:(

No, the first three religions (Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism) you don't get a free missionary for. The latter four religions (Christianity, Taoism, Confucianism and Islam) you do.

Bh

That never used to be the case? Did it?

Just to clarify, its the first three religious techs - not the religions - that do not grant missionaries. Mediation, Polytheism, and Monotheism do not provide missionaries (and never have), Theology, Divine Right, Philosophy, and Code of Laws do provide missionaries (and always have).

The first 3 religious techs (Medi, Poly & Mono) all give 'first to discover founds a religion'. In my game other civs have done that. My question is: how does one found one of the subsequent religions? I haven't come across any more 'first to discover founds a religion' while going through the tech tree. Have I missed something?:confused: :confused:

The first 3 religious techs (Medi, Poly & Mono) all give 'first to discover founds a religion'. In my game other civs have done that. My question is: how does one found one of the subsequent religions? I haven't come across any more 'first to discover founds a religion' while going through the tech tree. Have I missed something?

If a religion has already been founded, the tooltip in the "choose research" popup will not say "first to discover founds <religion>." So if you are typically behind on technology, you might never see that info. You can check the civilopedia or the science advisor to see the full information on each technology, including things that are omitted in-game if they've already happened.

If a religion has already been founded, the tooltip in the "choose research" popup will not say "first to discover founds <religion>." So if you are typically behind on technology, you might never see that info. You can check the civilopedia or the science advisor to see the full information on each technology, including things that are omitted in-game if they've already happened.

I have nothing to say on the OP that hasn't been said, I just wanted to acknowledge that Goncyn is in my hometown. Of course, I never go there anymore since its changed way too much for my taste, but you don't normally meet people from Newark.

Top Bottom