france UA too strong or bug?

akasha27

Chieftain
In my last game France is winning by far, 4 times more population and winning in all yelds.
They captured one of my peripheral city and plundered (11!) art works from my Capital, basically all that I had there. The plunder is supposed to be at the capital even if the captured city is far away? If yes, isn't it too much?

In my last game France is winning by far, 4 times more population and winning in all yelds.
They captured one of my peripheral city and plundered (11!) art works from my Capital, basically all that I had there. The plunder is supposed to be at the capital even if the captured city is far away? If yes, isn't it too much?

The amount of art France steals is randomized based on the # of open art slots France has upon conquest. And yeah, they steal from all over. Sounds like you got unlucky!
G

Wow.
I didn't know that France is that fun to play with/as!!
Their UA is completely dependent upon how many Wonders with theming bonuses you can get in your capital. If you can't get any world wonders, you'll get 8 tourism from Oxford + Museum.

Their UI can be good for a tourism victory, due to the large amount of culture produced.

Their UA is completely dependent upon how many Wonders with theming bonuses you can get in your capital. If you can't get any world wonders, you'll get 8 tourism from Oxford + Museum.

Their UI can be good for a tourism victory, due to the large amount of culture produced.

You're forgetting the hermitage :D
Also the radiotower

You're forgetting the hermitage :D
Also the radiotower

I'm just curious: how much do you fill your broadcast towers with great works? I usually end up filling all/almost all museum slots and sometimes I even don't have enough of them to excavate all the antiquity sites (especially if I maxed aesthetics). With broadcast towers, though, it's an entirely different story, as great musicians are generally rarer than great artists (unless you're plaing the Celts) and you can't excavate great works of music or anything :)

I'm just curious: how much do you fill your broadcast towers with great works? I usually end up filling all/almost all museum slots and sometimes I even don't have enough of them to excavate all the antiquity sites (especially if I maxed aesthetics). With broadcast towers, though, it's an entirely different story, as great musicians are generally rarer than great artists (unless you're plaing the Celts) and you can't excavate great works of music or anything :)

I wouldn't say music is rarer, at all actually, you get slightly more GPP from the Musician guild than you get from the artist guild (at least I think so).
I guess if you count artifacts as art, which they aren't, art would be more common. But then again there aren't really that many slots to fill for GWoM, 2 wonders and one building? And you only really care about the one in your capital.

I wouldn't say music is rarer, at all actually, you get slightly more GPP from the Musician guild than you get from the artist guild (at least I think so).
I guess if you count artifacts as art, which they aren't, art would be more common. But then again there aren't really that many slots to fill for GWoM, 2 wonders and one building? And you only really care about the one in your capital.

Perhaps you're right, but to my empirical experience great musicians are rarer. But I don't have an issue with that, anyway. It's just that almost all of my broadcast towers are always empty.

Perhaps you're right, but to my empirical experience great musicians are rarer. But I don't have an issue with that, anyway. It's just that almost all of my broadcast towers are always empty.

That's sad, as you miss out on my awesome radio station names. :) KCIV forever.

G

I think the problem comes from great musicians being too useful to hold back for culture bombing in the late game against a reluctant enemy. Perhaps the easier solution would be to allow all great artists to also culture bomb in the late game, or if a certain policy is taken?

I think the problem comes from great musicians being too useful to hold back for culture bombing in the late game against a reluctant enemy. Perhaps the easier solution would be to allow all great artists to also culture bomb in the late game, or if a certain policy is taken?

Musicians only bomb for an amount proportional to how much tourism you were making when they spawned, so are you sure they're useful to save?

Top Bottom