Free buildings from Ideological Tenets

Delvemor

Warlord
A few ideological tenets give free buildings. The free hospitals from Freedom and free airports from Autocracy work just fine. However I couldn't say the same for the free military academies, factories and research labs from Order. They come at a time at which I most likely already built at least a few of them. My problem is the way it works, you receive the free buildings in your first 5 cities regardless of if you already built them or not. If for example you already have a research lab in your capital, the free lab will override it and make it maintenance free instead of appearing on a city without one.

It is a problem (very minor but still) even if I don't play a science-focused civ like Russia, Korea or Babylon or even if I play a civ with higher culture output such as Morocco, because I will usually reach these buildings techs before I get to my Ideology.

My suggestion would be to make it so that the free buildings appear in cities missing these buildings in priority, when possible. I assume this is possible code-wise but I understand it should not be a priority.

Top Bottom