Freeze exit

Dirty Dan

Chieftain
When quitting to desktop my game freezes and i have no idea on how to fix it other than restarting. Can someone help?????? I run Windows 10, and civ 6 and steam are up to date.

There is no fix right now, many people have this bug. To avoid having to shut down you can change the settings on your task manager (under options) to "always on top" so when it happens you can do the Alt, Control, Delete and open the task manager and then close it like that.

Having experienced this problem, both before and after Australia patch, I now always exit to Main Menu and then exit to Desktop from there.
I have never had a freeze exiting in this way.

Does it also take long, when returning from the great prophet's screen back to the map? Because my game lags in that case too.

My Civ VI game would not quit today, even with the Task Manager. I had walked away and come back after an hour, and my computer was still stuck on the Civ VI screen.
I hit ctrl-alt-delete then signed out of Windows 10. When I signed back in, Civ VI was finally gone.
The problem with this method is that any other programs running in the background would also have been forced to quit.

Top Bottom