History, Installation & Setup
- What is RAND/RAND2/AND/AND2?
- Why all those different names?
- Is the mod still under develpment?
- Where can I download the mod from?
- What happens when you update the mod? Do I have to start another game from scratch?
- Is there a changelog?
You can also watch the changelog if you're using RAND installer/launcher and if you're using the SVN installation method.
- Which revision am I running?
- How can I install the mod?
- Do I need to download everything again each time you update the mod?
- Why am I asked to perform a recalc each time I update the mod?
- Can I help translate the mod?
- Is my language supported?
- I think I've found a bug, what should I do?
- Does the mod work in multiplayer?
- I get a message " GFC Error: Failed to Initalize Primary Control Theme". What's happening?
- Religion icons are missing in-game. What can I do?
- I used to play the old Rise of Mankind mod (before "A New Dawn"), now RAND doesn't work for me. Why?
- What is Mega Civ Pack?
- How do I get A New Dawn to work under Linux?
- How do I get A New Dawn to work on a Mac?
- Step 1: Throw your Mac out the nearest window
- Step 2: Buy a PC
- If I want to send you a donation, where do I send it?
[These last two are Afforess' FAQs, I think we must keep them here. Actually there's a Mac forum here on Civfanatics, maybe you can ask there]
- Do you have a website?
Gamplay, Options and Strategy
- I can't see all the buildings when they are built in my cities. Is there something wrong?
- Why can't I raze a city anymore?
- Can I abandon a city / destroy a building? I remember it was possible a long time ago.
- Can I change a gameoption after the game has started?
- How many Wonders can I build in a city?
Right now you cannot find this detail in Civilopedia but eventually you will find it there; for the moment there's a post by Vokarya explaining it.
- I've run into a loop (endless turn), is there something I can do?
Try reloading a few turns before
it happens and see if it works. Or, if you're using a Unit-Per-Tile limit (especially if you're using a small number), try increasing that UPT limit. Most of the times, a loop is caused by AI not knowing where it can move some units because of the UPT limit.
- Why do espionage points reset from time to time?
We still don't know, it's a bug. It happens mainly when switching from one revision to another or when reloading a game. I'm still investigating this bug, for the time being nothing we can do.
MORE WILL FOLLOW