1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions (at last)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by tu_79, Jul 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

Sorry, forgot to mention, my text is copyrighted, you have to keep it as is with typos, spelling mistakes, expletives and autocorrect irrigations.

andersw, tu_79 and ryanmusante like this.
  2. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

@ tu_79

VP FAQ are mostly read by new players.
    Therefore, you shouldn't advice any modmod. It could bring misunderstandings, technical difficulties, and ruin the experience of a first try.
    Advice VP alone instead.

The simplest is Always the best.

3. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

I disagree. Events are enabled by default, but the events experience is not very nice with just the base events. Also, there are a couple of mods I consider essential, such as PromotionFlags and Improved City View. If I could, I would have them in the base mod, but Gazebo does not want to maintain any additional mods or be limited by compatibilities.

4. SpankmyMetroid

SpankmyMetroid Chieftain

I’ve played communitas a few times and while it makes for interesting map layouts, the strategic resources are in shorter supply (3 and 7 coal tiles are replaced with 2 and 3, there are no 4 horse tiles, etc). Since VP gives players more options to use them, it gets tough to manage what little you have. I wonder if there’s a way to manually change the resource tiles back to normal?

5. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

I'm not 100% sure about that, but in the file "C:\Users\Marc\Desktop\VP_2018-11-21_no_EUI\Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 88)\Mapscripts\Communitas.lua", line 7467, there is stuff about ressource quantity depending on abundance.

If that does not work, the other possible answer would be "(2) Community Balance Overhaul (v 13)\Balance Changes\Terrain\ResourceChanges.sql", line 125, where there is stuff about ressource quantity, which look like a minimum-maximum for spawn quantity.

6. azum4roll

azum4roll Chieftain

There ARE 4 horse tiles. Even 5 horse tiles exist (but rare).

Iron, on the other hand, comes often in 2 and rarely 6, and 9 iron tiles don't exist.

7. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Do tectonics, planet generator and perfectworld3 cause VP errors? I remember reading that their base script is related. Someone mentioned potential conflicts with the mod.

8. vyyt

vyyt Chieftain

All of them have worked fine for me so far (haven't tried the very latest VP version though).

Edit: oh, and you mean Tectonic, not Tectonics, right? They are 2 different map scripts, Tectonics being clearly superior because I said so.

9. cammcken

cammcken Chieftain

I'd like to throw Small Continents Plus into the list of recommended maps, if everyone else agrees with me. Enough land to have healthy cities, enough sea for naval-themed civs to exploit. Only downside is that circumnavigation may happen too soon with too many coast-connected landmasses.

10. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Warlord

Obsolete information about "standard difficulty level".

tu_79 likes this.
  11. ManoloZero

ManoloZero Chieftain

hello guys, can someone explain me what exatly is the "trade route restriction" that venice ignores? i'm new to vp mod and forum, sorry if this is not the right place to ask about it

12. tu_79

tu_79 Warlord

Only one trade route from each civilization can be established in any city. This means that if you have already a trade route going to a city, you can't establish a second one with the same city. As Venice you can ignore this and send more than one trade route to the same city, departing from different cities of yours. It is not possible to have more than one trade route connecting the same two cities in the same direction.
    Example, as Venice, if you have two puppets, you might send up to three trade routes to a neighbor's capital, one from Venice and one from each puppet. Other civs can only send one trade route to that capital.

13. ManoloZero

ManoloZero Chieftain

oh thank you man, really helps me :)