Frequently Asked Questions (at last)

Hi,

Im always playing normal installation, this is the first time Im installing the 43 Civ with EUI option, and when I try to play it, there are missing pics or pixels, not sure if Im missing something in the installation or maybe something in the options

Here are some screenshots

Spoiler Caps :
1719856139811.png

1719856164208.png

Last edited:
Hi,

Im always playing normal installation, this is the first time Im installing the 43 Civ with EUI option, and when I try to play it, there are missing pics or pixels, not sure if Im missing something in the installation or maybe something in the options

Here are some screenshots

These artifacts typically start to appear when there's not enough memory - Civ5 is a 32-bit software after all. Do you use any other mod adding units/graphics, etc.?

Im only ussing R.E.D, Wonder Race and Historical Religions, I also tried 43 Civ without EUI and it's better

The HW is more than enough in terms of memory, GPU and processor cores, but after your replay, I just realized that the problem could be that Im not using Windows 10 or 11, This is on a Windows Server 2022 that I use for other testings, and maybe the game and the OS are not using all the memory in the right way, Im just to used to work on that Server OS, that I simple forgoth that is not optimized for games :hammer2:

At least I can confirm that Windows Server 2022 works really well at Normal EUI installation, later I will prepare a Windows 10 for my CIV 5 :thumbsup:

Thanks

Enjoying my foray into VP. I have one question: Do you still need to do the "select tiles to work and then set production focus" to gain +production on pop increase, as you always do in vanilla?? :)

Enjoying my foray into VP. I have one question: Do you still need to do the "select tiles to work and then set production focus" to gain +production on pop increase, as you always do in vanilla?? :)
I think now it only works with gold not hammers, so not worth the hassle

One of the questions in the initial FAQ says 'Tectonic is good too, but is way bigger, so it needs two more civs per size.' - could I ask what this means and how you do it? If I select a standard sized map on Tectonic, it will default to 8 civs and 16 city-states. Is this recommending I add another 2 to make it 10 civs? But how do I do this? I play multiplayer, and I don't have the option in a lobby to add additional civs, it seems to be capped at 8.

One of the questions in the initial FAQ says 'Tectonic is good too, but is way bigger, so it needs two more civs per size.' - could I ask what this means and how you do it? If I select a standard sized map on Tectonic, it will default to 8 civs and 16 city-states. Is this recommending I add another 2 to make it 10 civs? But how do I do this? I play multiplayer, and I don't have the option in a lobby to add additional civs, it seems to be capped at 8.
You can't in multiplayer lobby, the only way is to edit a .XML file to make 10 players the default number of players for standard map size.

Top Bottom