Frequently Asked Questions

lordslimer said:
Sorry to be a pain, is it possible to have two small maps in the same game, horizontally unconnected (i.e. they have normal small map borders), but connected vertically?

Kael is going to need to figure this one out for fire and beyond.

How else will we explore the underworld and hell? CIV2 ToT used a similar system.

Sureshot said:
settlements main purpose is to gather resources outside your main cities borders. as far as i know, they can't build anything pretty much, and don't generate much commerce

And to screw over the AI out of good city spots! :lol: :crazyeye:

BTW do settlements cost maintenence?

Xanikk999 said:
BTW do settlements cost maintenence?
They have -100% in maintanence, but they will increase the number of city maintanence costs in all real cities (I think).

Grey Fox said:
They have -100% in maintanence, but they will increase the number of city maintanence costs in all real cities (I think).

Not anymore, Chalid adjusted the AI algorithym so it no longer calcs settlements in the city counts for maintenance costs.

Q: is FfH2 (and 1) playable via the PBEM system? I've got some people who would like to try it out in a PBEM game.

A: I don't see why not. PBEM is not simultaneous so it's almost like single player. I played both FFH1 and 2 in LAN and they both work perfectly.
I started a MP game simultaneous turns and we had a out of sync error early on in the game, so we started another game with turns and didn't seem to have that same error again.

I was wondering if there is any problems playing FFH2 MP on simultaneous turns? By the above reply it appears it might?

Sureshot said:
we play simultaneous all the time
Thanks for the reply:) , I didn't think simultaneous was a problem but when I read that reply I started to think that maybe there was something wrong with it. Our next game we plan on going back to simultaneous, normal turns just take too long.

P.S. To the FFH2 Design Team:

Wonderful Mod, Thanks for all you're hard work!! :goodjob:

A noob question I guess, but I usually stop my games before the AI signs many permanent alliances, so:

Is it impossible to have more than two civs in one permanent alliance??
I have been kinda technologically inferior in my present game, so a couple AIs researched the tech necessary for permanent alliances before me, and already signed them.
I'd like to join the alliance of my two Order following neighbours, but I can't! The diplomatic option simply doesn't appear. :( Is this normal?

Is there some method with the world editor or so that I could include myself in their permanent alliance/team after all?

you can't break a PA, you can't have more than two in it

personally id like for both those things to not be true, or atleast to have the option to do so

like starting up your own 100 year alliance to do some deed like remove a super power that is of conflicting values

so like lets say the calabim had a score doubel everyone else combined, then all the goods form an alliance for 100 years to take them down. would be fun in multiplayer as well as single.

Yes.

It shows up as a resource on a city view (like any other resource).

This assumes you're all connected up, of course!

This also applies to civ4 but i need an answer fast and beileve it or not this sub forum is more lively.

Ok.. How do you activate flying camera mode?

Flying camera mode?

If you mean zoom, it's the mouse wheel (probably some fancy keyboard shortcut, too...)

Incidentally, zoom does go everywhere from see the whole globe at once to right up in your unit's face, so that's probably sufficient for screenshots.

Xanikk999 said:
This also applies to civ4 but i need an answer fast and beileve it or not this sub forum is more lively.

Ok.. How do you activate flying camera mode?

In your CivilizationIV.ini you need:

Code:
; Allow Camera Flying
AllowFlying = 1

Then in game you press Ctrl+Alt+F to enter and exit from flying mode.

Kael said:
Not anymore, Chalid adjusted the AI algorithym so it no longer calcs settlements in the city counts for maintenance costs.
the ai algorithim or the game algorithim...

and what teir is hema, the oo mage hero in?
for being an uber mage, is hema up with the likes of mardero and sphener?
(maybe there should be a not so frequently asked questions forum?)

eerr said:
the ai algorithim or the game algorithim...

Game.

and what teir is hema, the oo mage hero in?
for being an uber mage, is hema up with the likes of mardero and sphener?
(maybe there should be a not so frequently asked questions forum?)

He is a t4 caster, so he can get the best spells.

Silly question time. I am playing Doviello and my melee units and mercenaries have the Iron Weapons promotion. It says they also get a +10% bonus vs. bronze weapons. This does mean they are basically just get the bonus against enemy mercenaries that have the bronze weapon promotion, right?

Top Bottom