Fun with fxsxml and unit animations for CivBE

Mtech25

Chieftain
HI All, I am trying to add a new unit to civ beyond earth and I must admit I am newbie at this but after playing around for a couple of days I managed to add the Lerlec tank from downloads for CIV V and that works okay expect for the attack animation and the sounds.
I have tried playing with the fxsxml file with no luck even copying the tank dge from CIV V (which got some animations working but not all)
As well as making sure the graphic files are all imported to VSF and Reload Unit system is selected in Mod buddy.
I even tried to swap the fxsxml with the one for the cavalry but that did not work (although the scaling on the unit was quite weird)
Anyone have any ideas of next step attached is what I have so far.

Attachments

• Drone Tank (v 1).7z
    144.1 KB · Views: 168
I managed to get it working I think the issue was the tank model I was working with. So I tried the Challenger 2 model in Acehart Armoured Fighting Vehicles model for Civ V(still got to get his permission I have messaged him) I did have to modify the sounds in "edited_fx_triggers_modernarmor.ftsxml" to match with the Beyond earth ones

I look forward to being able to download this on steam! (hint, hint ;) )
P.s. The graphic for the explorer unit when it is embarked looks a lot like a hovercraft. You could make a T2 explorer with hover and just use the embarked graphics for it. There are several players that I know of that would LOVE to download this mod!

Also Guide-On I was looking at the explorer and tried a different unit which resulted in the replacement of all explorers with the same model, and they would not explore so investigation is still ongoing on that front.

When you have it fixed, PLEASE let me know! :)

Thank you.

Hi Guide-On
got a working version for the explorer the hover distance is a bit low and I am looking into how I fix that I also borrowed a bit of code off another mod called explorer notepad (RT) Improved Exploration and Artifact Helper by Gaia so just get permission before I put it on the workshop but attached is what i have so far.

Attachments

• Hover Explorer (v 1).7z
    1.4 KB · Views: 161
I downloaded both mods from steam. I ran both with several mods I normally use. The explorer would NOT hover, and I did not see an upgrade that did in the promotion screen. I ran another start with just the hover explorer, and it still would not hover. ;(

Let me know when you have it fixed. I WANT to run it!

Hi Guide-On Can I check if it access terrain and ocean tiles okay at least? I am looking into to getting the correct hover height and even posted a topic about it on Civ modding forum with no response so investigation is still ongoing.

It let me go on water and regular terrain. I could NOT go on ice or gorges.

Yeah I have run into a bit of a wall in regard to hover height I strongly suspect it is related to ART_DEF_PORTRAIT_CAMERA but every time I change that the game crashes so i have posted on the forum and trying a few things including creating my own ART_DEF_PORTRAIT_CAMERA code with no luck

I posted on the Sealed off expedition sites thread about this mod. I know it is uncool to advertise you own mods, but it is ok for someone else to. ;) This was just my way of saying thanks. THANK YOU!

Top Bottom