1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

G-Major 15

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Methos, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Alan_of_Dale

Alan_of_Dale Quattromaster

Nice job killercane! :goodjob:

I will try to remember the Military Tradition via Liberalism choice. Reminds me of my use of the Oracle -> Feudalism slingshot in non iron domination game starts. Longbows with cover, plus cats, can be quite nasty against archers. :D I seem to remember doing a Liberalism -> Gunpowder myself in a non horse resource game.

2. The-Hawk

The-Hawk Old Original Geezer

Outstanding, well done. :goodjob:

Looks like you focused more on getting way ahead on tech (hence Liz). I followed my normal dom strategy and went for early military (with Julius). Obviously, your strategy was better, you were more than 15% faster (by number of turns). In hindsight, this makes sense given quick speed.

3. Jimmy Thunder

Jimmy Thunder King

Great job killercane. A successful entry to this gauntlet is pretty impressive.

I had 2 attempts at this gauntlet, both with Augustus.

My first game I botched up my first praetorian push and gave up before AD.

Second game I managed to take two opponents with praets, but am still eclipsed in tech speed. I ran out of time for that one, it is suspended around 1000AD.

If i had another weekend to play I might be able to finish that game through for a victory, but the wars will be tough and have to be fought with masses of lower-tech units (catapult/treb/praetorian spam).

4. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

I too am throwing in the towel. Human WW :( I was on a good roll until about 1500 or so when I started to play poorly. My computer getting slower was making me frustrated so I've just about given up any further attempts at this gauntlet. IT's not too bad if you get a good start, but I didn't realize that there were lots of colonizable islands until pretty late. If I had realized that earlier, I think I would have had a pretty good finish. I had 5 AI's on my starting continent.

5. Gosha190

Gosha190 King

I see 3 submissions for current major. Congrats to all winners a priori! :king:

6. bshumbera

bshumbera Warlord

I tried this twice with Rome (vanilla) and quickly fell behind the tech pace. I never got back to this after 4 or 5 attempts at minor 27. Oh well, this could have been fun. Congrats to all the winners and a most deserving mention of killercane's time too.

7. Dianthus

Dianthus Small but hardy

This gauntlet is now complete. killercane won with 1635AD. 2nd place was taken by The-Hawk in 1810AD and 3rd by Andrei_V in 1950AD.

2 new Gauntlets have now started, G-Major 16 and BTS-Beta 4.

8. Jimmy Thunder

Jimmy Thunder King

Congrats you guys, not a small feat to finish this gauntlet.

9. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

Congrats to all finishers. Especially killercane with an amazing finish date.