• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

G-Major XLII

Ok I see.

It's too bad the GOTM submission isn't working. I really prefer games where everyone starts from the same initial autosave. That could be an interesting HOF sub-type, with the only exception to the normal rules being that (obviously) you're allowed to load from that starting auto-save.

Is the reason GOTM isn't online yet just because they rely on a mod that hasn't ever been gotten to work for Civ 5? You guys rely on different methods to verify the save games?

I have no idea, I'm not involved in the GOTM.
We are two separate things.

I figured as much. I just prefer the more "level" playing field. I don't enjoy re-rolling as much as I enjoy playing, but the map has such a significant impact on finish time that you pretty much have to re-roll for HOF. So, I'd prefer a hybrid of some sort. :p

I figured as much. I just prefer the more "level" playing field. I don't enjoy re-rolling as much as I enjoy playing, but the map has such a significant impact on finish time that you pretty much have to re-roll for HOF. So, I'd prefer a hybrid of some sort. :p

There are so many random elements to this game that frankly i don't see much difference between GOTM and HOF. In the end you have to fill the void between perfect map and decent map with skill anyway. ;)

Definitely very random. But that's also part of why I enjoy playing on the same map as other people. It's fascinating how different games turn out. One thing I've noticed is that even with the same exact start position and similar player expos, from one game to another you can get very different AI runaways. And if the player places a city in a different spot, the outcome is dramatically different.

OOPS, spoilers.

Speaking of which, Moriarte, you should give the recent Inca Deity challenge a shot. I hope you didn't see this post before I removed the spoilers. :p

I haven't forgotten you, evil Highlands map! I shall one day return to avenge myself, with a faster, stronger Shaka!

Having made my first and only 60hr foray into G&K, and assuming that some of the same elements are there in the BNW, this is how I see it.

Playing VANILLA and challenging at the top end I would generally be up and running within Five minutes of rerolls.

Playing G&K it can take up to Fifteen minutes, and if you then need to get the Desert Folklore Pantheon, depending on the number of opponents and level of play you may have to go through the same reloading process over and over. This is not fun, and I have actually fallen asleep at the P.C. whilst going through this process!

It would be great if the HOF staff could come up with some sort of hybrid, unfortunately it is probably not possible, we would merge into the "animal farm" syndrome where both HOF and GOTM become one!

Shaka, Highlands

movie referencing in Christopher Lambert's voice "There Can Be Only One.!"

Hehe, indeed. It's on! I'm shocked at how much better I am at warmongering even since this challenge. Highlands doesn't seem as hard anymore...

Top Bottom