[BTS] G-Minor 220 - Saladin, Culture- deadline 9th March 2017

Noble Zarkon

Elite Quattromaster - Immortal (BTS)
Super Moderator
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Cultural (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Prince
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Speed: Normal
  • Map Type: Hemispheres
  • Civ: Arabia (Saladin)
  • Opponents: Must include Celt (Brennus), China (Mao Zedong), France (Louis XIV), Netherlands (Willem Van Oranje), Ottoman (Mehmed II), Persia (Darius)
  • Version: 3.19.004b
  • Date: 10th February to 9th March 2017
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Just submitted an entry for this, not a great date (1870 AD) but a fun game. As we start with no worker techs and it's cultural I went for Polytheism while building 4 warriors, rushed Brennus and took the Buddhist holy city of Bibracte as well as a Worker. Spread Hinduism to Mao and WvO and so the continent was a lovefest the rest of the game. Built 9 cities and got Judaism and Confu as well, built 9 temples for all 4 religions enabling the Cathedral type building for each. Got MoM and Taj but just missed out on Parthenon.

I hardly ever enter the HOF I must admit, but the other day I stumbled across this game so I tried it as it sounded fun and not too straining. If I got the settings right, then I can report a 1390AD victory, which doesn't look too bad with 1330AD the current best (again, if I read that right :p).

I also warrior rushed the Celts who gave me a great capital with triple food and bud holy city. Had a rather nice flood plain area all for myself to settle, so it was clear where the 3 LCs had to go (Mecca, Bibracte and at the flood plains). I had Willem and Mehmed for other neighbours and they were so nice as to found judaism and hindu respectively, I ended up founding all other ones, so I had all religions at my disposal, though Islam came too late to matter. Anyway, 6 multiplier buildings in each of my LCs plus hermitage of course. Got 9 great artists, but also 3 GS, 3 GPr a GE and a GM (economics). Timing of the 3 LCs went quite well, with 2 hitting legendary in 1380 and the 3rd in 1390. Fun game indeed. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom