[BTS] G-Minor 231 - Ramesses, Religious - Deadline June 9th

Some observations from my games: Getting meditation seems a bit pointless, and this game can be won with your capital only. You need to pre chop forests heavily to get the AP before 1000 BC.

The more I play this gauntlet, the more intricacies I discover :crazyeye: I thought you needed +9 (friendly) relations to get someone to vote for you in the UN, apparently thats not the case for AP? Also different leader have different thresholds on when they consider you a small civ? Zara gives this bonus quite freely, but Hatty is more stingy with it.

Edit: I was wrong, Both UN and AP seem to only require +8, and the small civ bonus is only given by the score leader to you if youre in last place.

Last edited:
small civ bonus is only given by the score leader to you if youre in last place.

Is this the case? Also, which setting reveals this within buffy 3.19.003? I was able to see these modifiers in the beta (.005) version, but not in 3.19.003.

Is this the case? Also, which setting reveals this within buffy 3.19.003? I was able to see these modifiers in the beta (.005) version, but not in 3.19.003.
Not sure if you need to be in last place, but the AI needs to be in first place. If youre both in the lower half, there is another "Developing nations should catch up together". I can see the modifiers in 004b.

Awww!

Almost got T62, but missed by 1 diplo point. :cringe:
Really do need +8.

Border tension takes 1 turn to fade away after a city gift. :o
Found out on reload.

Last edited:
got a t63 victory...
It heavily depends on some hut-luck.
Played with a double gold start and one worker steal. You don't even need to be in a religion to win the vote.

Nearly achieved a t59 victory, and a little bit confused why I didn't get voted for. Can anyone explain this?

My diplo modifiers with Hatshepsut (as I could see on the vote turn, T58):
+4 our trade relations have been fair and forthright
+1 our open borders bring us closer together
+1 our mutual military struggle brings us closer together
+2 you have wisely chosen your civics
-1 you refused to stop trading with our worst enemy
Invisible modifiers:
+1 Hatshepsut's intrinsic attitude
+1 scoreboard/weak civilization** (Hatty 600, Zara 486, Me 391, Ragnar 304)
-1 monarch difficulty

Expected total: +8 (enough)

Hatty abstained from the vote. In between turns she also forgot about the -1 worst enemy penalty for what it's worth, though I suppose she voted before that happened.

the small civ bonus is only given by the score leader to you if you are in last place

If Chaosquo is right then you were only at +7.

Note the new Buffy (coming soon) shows these hidden values.

Yeah, I thought about that. Did some more testing and I don't seem to always get the bonus from the score leader even when in last place. Ah well, there's enough time for some more research and attempts.

Legendary start and legendary choke! :cringe:

Random Christian spread to 5-seafood Ethiopian capital on Turn 56 made me cry.
Spoiler :

got a t63 victory...
It heavily depends on some hut-luck.
Played with a double gold start and one worker steal. You don't even need to be in a religion to win the vote.

Turn 63 is amazing! :goodjob:

Nearly achieved a t59 victory, and a little bit confused why I didn't get voted for. Can anyone explain this?

My diplo modifiers with Hatshepsut (as I could see on the vote turn, T58):
+4 our trade relations have been fair and forthright
+1 our open borders bring us closer together
+1 our mutual military struggle brings us closer together
+2 you have wisely chosen your civics
-1 you refused to stop trading with our worst enemy
Invisible modifiers:
+1 Hatshepsut's intrinsic attitude
-1 monarch difficulty

Expected total: +8 (enough)

Hatty abstained from the vote. In between turns she also forgot about the -1 worst enemy penalty for what it's worth, though I suppose she voted before that happened.

Any win faster than Turn 60 and the +1 peace bonus is simply staggering.
To get so close without using Incas. :bowdown:

Thanks Kait, that means a lot.
I actually hit T58 a couple of days ago! (and have been procrastinating a write-up :nono:, planning to do it tomorrow) That one could have been T57 with ideal play :crazyeye:, so I was holding out in case I somehow managed to play a better game before the deadline.

EDIT: Game Writeup

Last edited:
Really high standard of competition with this one - congratulations to all the participants and especially to @Swordnboard for winning it:-

Rank | Player | Date | Score
1| @Swordnboard |1680 BC|32,131
2| @Tonny |1520 BC|26,227
3| @lymond |550 BC|31,979

Last edited:
Top Bottom