Gaian Ascendancy: Long Live Planet!

The Strategos

Thanatos
MY 2101: The Strategos looked around at the newly formed Gaia’s Landing with pride, then sighing, he looked back at the hastily formed scout patrol under his command. If they were the best the Gaians had to offer, then the Gaians were in big, big trouble. “Alright men! Reports indicate a pod beacon to the north, see what’s in it! And this time if you see any enemy, try to shoot at them not each other!” Then regretfully he turned over command of the small force to his second in command. As much as he would have liked to explore his new home, other duties demanded his attention.

MY 2102: Knocking interrupted Strategos listening to the latest report from the scouts. It seems as if they had found a unity rover in working condition. “Good job, continue scouting until you receive further orders.” Strategos said as his secretary opened the door for his visitors. “Greeting Strategos, I am the head of the Gaian Science and Technology Center. I know you’re a busy man, but we were sent to you for orders about what to research. Lady Deirdre is busy with other matters and referred us to you.” “Ok I’ll think about it” Strategos growled, “Now go away”. Once they were gone he pulled out his trusty ouija board…30 minutes later he sent the scientists his decision…Social Psych.

MY 2104: Strategos scanned the latest scout reports and notice that they have found another rover and an unidentified artifact that early tests indicate is alien.

MY 2105: “What is it now?” Strategos asked as a group of scientists barged in his office. “We would just like to announce the discovery of social psych, we are confident that we have made the first scientific discovery on planet. Also it seems as though Lady Deirdre caught a cold dancing through trees naked and is unable to see anyone. We were directed to ask you what to research next.” Strategos wondered if the last part was a joke…and then decided not to ask. “Biogenetics” the scientists are told later.

MY 2106: “Flower Preach is founded…full story at eleven…” Strategos saw as he flipped through the channels on the TV

MY 2109: Opening the morning newspaper, Strategos sees that biogenetics is discovered with ethical calculus the next target. “Why aren’t they going for secrets of the human brain?!?!” Strategos fumes…must be spies…or incompetence…or both

MY 2112: University discovers secrets…has to be spies… Strategos decides before turning his attention to more important things, namely the capture of mindworms to the north

MY 2114: More mindworms captured Strategos notices with glee

MY 2115: Strategos sat waiting for a giant com-screen to come to life. An aide had been sent for him scant minutes before, declaring that Morgan was being patched through any moment. As the life sized Morgan came up, Deirdre started to greet him. “You disgust me Deirdre” Morgan interrupts, “Prepare for war!” Deirdre turns to Strategos, “What’s are military strength near Morgan?” she asks “Two mind worms and a unity rover” He answers…

MY 2116: The news that ethical calculus has been discovered and that Secrets of the Human Brain are next receives little notice considering Gaian mindworms had just defeated Morgan troops to win the first battle on planet

MY 2119: Song of Planet founded…”Who cares when there’s a war going on?” Strategos says to himself

MY 2121: Hearing Strategos is coming to take personal command of the forces against him, Morgan surrenders, pays 171 energy, gives the Gaians 2 new techs (Industrial base and Information Networks), and swears a pact to serve the Gaians. Strategos departs on a victory parade around the colonies leaving the government in other hands…

NOTES: Sorry about the length, it was raining all day here and had nothing better to do…I promise I’ll be shorter next time. The Morgan surrender caught me completely off guard, I had only attacked one of his units and that was outside the city. I accepted his surrender because he had synthetic garrisons and the only two offensive units I had were the two mindworms (one of which was at half strength). Plus trade with Morgan should bring in some cash latter on in the game. Thanks to Morgan’s cash, we now lead in wealth as well as territory. Santiago leads all factions…My email's down right now so I'm attaching the .sav hopefully my email will come back up soon

I got the game and will play it tonight when I get home from work. I will post my results tomarrow morning and pass it on to the next person.

Morgan can generate a LOT of wealth with ease. Let's make sure he gets plenty of cities and terrain so that we milk him for all he's worth! :D We can then focus on our research.

There are higher powers at work here, and they do nto want me to play the game...

The 25 (thursday) I was to d/l the game from work, take it home and play it, and upload it back at work the next day. Our network got hosed and was not fixxed til early today. Thus I have not played and unless someone grabs it and plays while I an at work, I will do my plan tonight. The next person feel free to d/l and play if you wish since I am holding the game up. I will be able to get to it get to it tonight though. I am d/l it right now so that unless another person plays before me, I will have it even if the network gets hosed again.

Eva Rose of the Gaia's Homes and Gardens: I am here with an exclusive interview with the hero of the Morganite War...The Strategos
The Strategos: Thanks for having me Eva.

ER: So Strategos, tell us what you've been up to lately
TS: Well, I'm currently on my victory parade, beeing cheered by everyone, women throwing themselves at me...it's a tough life, but someone has to do it.

ER: As everyone knows, you were instrimental in getting the Morganites to surrender, now that they have, how do you propose treating them?
TS: Well Planet is big enough for the two of us. As long as Morgan respects the Planet, I don't see why he shouldn't be left in peace and the Morganites and Gaians reap the benifit of trade and prosperity.

ER: Do you have any suggestions on how the new leaders should act?
TS: Well, I think the new leaders should focus on expansion, science, and military...in that order. Of course if we meet someone like say...Yang, we should concentrate on the military more than if we were to meet the University. Of course I have complete confidence in Sukenis and fully support any actions taken.

ER: So Strategos, do you wear boxers or briefs?
TS: What does this have to do with Gaian's Homes and Gardens?

ER: OK, I admit it, I just wanted to interview you because I have a crush on you
TS: Doesn't everybody?

While waiting, anyone mind explaining if there's an art to these succesion games, or is who plays when depend on who gets there first? :)

Sorry, I forgot to post this testerday.

Nothing happened

Gia’s Landing builds colony pod, puts in order for former.

nothing

Song of Planet builds former, orders colony pod.

Secrets of the Human Brain discovered. Orders science to learn Centauri Empathy.

Gia’s Landing builds former, Order Human Gnome Project.
Flowers Perch builds colony pod, order former to be built.
Greenhouse Gate founded, puts order for prototype “Trance Synthmetal Garrison” to be built.

nothing

Mind Worm investigates pod, found 50 credits
Rover investigates pod, fungus bloom happens

Mind Worm investigates pod, finds rover in working condition.

Autumn Grove Founded, order Trance Synthmetal Garrison to be built.

Flowers Perch Builds Former, orders Colony Pod to be made.

Nothing

Random Mind Worm Kills scout rover
Scout Patrol investigates pod, find new rover in working condition
Give Morgan all tech he did not know (allows better exploitation)
Song of Planet builds Colony Pod, Order the Weather Paradigm to be built

Nothing

Scout Rover investigates pod, two mind worms released, rover kills one
Link 2 artifacts to Gia’s and hurry remaining portion

Autumn Grove builds prototype Trance Synthmetal Garrison, orders former built
Greenhouse gates builds Trance Synthmetal Garrison, orders former built
Gia’s Landing Builds Human Gnome, did not write down what was ordered

Last Rose of Summer founded, orders Trance Synthmetal Garrison built
Met Lal, paid 25 credits for Zakhartov com frequency, traded 2 techs and map with him to get two techs and his maps, signed treaty
Met Zakhartov, Sold Morgan com frequency for 26 credits, traded two techs and maps for two techs and maps, signs treaty

The Flowers Perch builds colony pod, orders The Merchant Exchange to be built
Met Yang, Sold Zakhartov com frequency for 25 credits, trade Doctrine Mobility for Doctrine Loyalty, signs treaty

Our scout patrol kills mind worm and we get 10 credits
Scientist discover Centauri Empathy, order them to now learn Intellectual Integrity
Went Green on Social Engineering

Two of our mind worms kill 2 random wind worm, 20 credits gained.

Advice
Go full force for the remaining secret projects. As soon as factions begin to find each other, everyone gets the ability to build them. I traded the techs we knew for others we did not so when this happened we would not be behind the curve. I have not been informed of any other factions building any other projects.

Other
I think I founded at least one more city (maybe two) but did not record it. We have grown very well. Keep this up. Also keep the scout units exploring. Pods and captured mind worms (now that we are green and have +3 planet) are the main goals.

Sorry, forgot to add file.:crazyeye:

Kundor takes power after the previous ruler mysteriously turns up in a gutter with a knife in the back.
Hurry 2 formers.
find 100 credits in pods.
Gaia's Landings builds Recycling Tanks for great quote from Yang. That guy know what he's talking about!
Nice Morgan gives us Industrial Economics.
Memory of Earth Founded
uh-oh. university starts virtual world.
goshdarnit worm kills scout.
kill but don't capture worm.
gaia's landing makes children's creche. the happy cries of children fill the city as I irritatedly close the window and order soundproofing.
Kundor's tenth anniversary of power celebrated with executions of dissenters.
spartans start command nexus!
uh-oh, spartans eliminate believers, but they get a restart.
intrepid colonists set out from Greenhouse Gate and Autumn Grove.
Capture mindworms by Last Rose of Summer.
Yang offers map for Industrial Economics. Refuse on general principles.
Colonists set out from Gaia's Landing and Last Rose of Summer.
Dang Hivian city puts an intended city site in Hive territory! War time.
Declare war on Hive to get nice city site in their territory.
Velvetgrass point founded.
Trade Centauri Empathy to University for Doctrine: Flexibility.
Damn peackeepers won't move their colony pod off my spot, but aren't settling either!
Silverbird Park Founded
Razorbeak wood founded

Alltogether, I founded 4 cities. The colony pod down south by the isthmus is supposed to go where the peacekeeper pod is sitting in the save game (in reach of four special resources.) We have almost no military but the Hive probably doesn't either.

Here is the player order to remind it to us

Strategos
Sukenis
kundor
kittenOFchaos ---> Playing
Cunobelin Of Hippo
spycatcher34
Juliennew

I thought that all the crew of the Unity has been awaken ? No ? We forgot Kitten of Chaos in the hibernation room !! :lol:

Top Bottom