GAME CRASH - Loading (new game) screen - "Display device has failed. Please ensure your display driv

PCesarino

Chieftain
HI!

I downloaded the CIV VI Deluxe Edition game on Steam. After downloading it, I installed and started a new game. After some time on the loading screen an error occurs (normaly just before the "Begin Game" button appears) and the following message appears: "DISPLAY DEVICE HAS FAILED, PLEASE ENSURE YOUR DISPLAY DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE". Sometimes the "not responding" Windows error message appears. The game always closes.

If the game does not break on this screen, it does so when you try to return to the menu or save. Even with little knowledge, I could notice the change of screen is problematic.

What I've already tried to solve the problem:

- Reinstall old video card drivers (GT 730);
- Reinstall DirectX 11;
- Reinstall Vcredist;
- Check Cashe in the Steam "library";
- Rotate the game in Fullscreen or Windowmode and etc;
- Add exception folder in Windows Defender;

Can any one help me? It's really tricky to buy (expensive) a game and a video bunch and can`t play. I've always played CIV since the early versions, but this time I'm almost giving up and asking for my money back.

Here are the basic system specifications:

============
GPU: Gerforce GT 730 2GB (Direct X 11)
CPU: Core 2 Duo - 4 GM RAM - SSD harddrive
===========

I apologize for some technical error and for my English. Thank you for your help!

PCesar.

I did a benchmark test with 3dmak. At the beginning of the spy test I returned the following error:

File: dx_device.cpp Line: 212 Function: __cdecl eva :: graphics :: dx :: dx_device :: dx_device (class eva :: globals & struct eva :: graphics :: dx :: dx_device_creation_parameters &) Expression: D3D12CreateDevice (adapter , Parameters.minimum_feature_level, IID_PPV_ARGS (m_native.receive ())): DirectX call failed [-2005270524]. :

Can someone help me? I already did everything because of this problem and nothing solves it.

• I did the MSI Kombustor test and I had problems. As soon as I chose GPU Memory (1024MB) test and pressed Benchmark, a black screen appeared and soon after the machine was rebootet

haven't played for a while been playing cities skylines. i decide to come back to civ VI today to test out the new Macedonian DLC i must have got to abut 150 turns than boom i get this error too. this has never happened before i could play the game fine until this new dlc was installed! i'm running 3.6 Ghz, evga 980 ti latest drivers and 16gb DDR 1600 ram..

soon i'm upgrading to 32gb DDR4 2666 ram, evga 1080 ti ftw and ryzen 1800x maybe i should just wait? :sad:

Top Bottom