[GS] Game crashed with Indonesia unique improvement mod

iieeann

Chieftain
Hi, i am new to using mod 2 days ago. Before this for years i directly alter the base xml file but i am sick of after every update the files are reset.

I use the same format for Kurgan (Scythia unique land improvement) and Kampung (Indonesia unique water improvement) as below. For Kurgan it works, but it crashed for Kampung.

Original xml lines for both Kurgan (base game) and Kampung (DLC) are as below, they look like having the same structure.
Code:
<Improvement_YieldChanges>
    <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_KURGAN" YieldType="YIELD_GOLD" YieldChange="3"/>
    <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_KURGAN" YieldType="YIELD_FAITH" YieldChange="1"/>
</Improvement_YieldChanges>

<Improvement_YieldChanges>
    <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG" YieldType="YIELD_FOOD" YieldChange="0"/>
    <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG" YieldType="YIELD_PRODUCTION" YieldChange="1"/>
</Improvement_YieldChanges>

What I tried to mod:-
Code:
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Improvement_YieldChanges (ImprovementType, YieldType, YieldChange) VALUES
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KURGAN', 'YIELD_GOLD', '3'),
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KURGAN', 'YIELD_FAITH', '2'),
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KURGAN', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', '1'),
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KURGAN', 'YIELD_PRODUCTION', '4'),
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KURGAN', 'YIELD_FOOD', '2'),
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG', 'YIELD_FOOD', '2'),
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG', 'YIELD_PRODUCTION', '4'),
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG', 'YIELD_GOLD', '2'),
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG', 'YIELD_FAITH', '2'),
 ('IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG', 'YIELD_SCIENCE', '1');

The error code is as below:-
Code:
[Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Improvement_YieldChanges.ImprovementType, Improvement_YieldChanges.YieldType
[Gameplay]: While executing - 'insert into Improvement_YieldChanges('ImprovementType', 'YieldType', 'YieldChange') values (?, ?, ?);'
[Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Improvement_YieldChanges('ImprovementType', 'YieldType', 'YieldChange') with  values (IMPROVEMENT_KAMPUNG, YIELD_FOOD, 2, ).
[Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Improvement_YieldChanges from file Indonesia_Khmer_GameplayData.xml.
[Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Improvement_YieldChanges.ImprovementType, Improvement_YieldChanges.YieldType
[Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed

In the mod I can change the TerrainType of Kampung, but not the yield. I tried alter only the existing Food and Production yet the game crashed. Please advise, thank you.

At the moment i directly alter the Indonesia_Khmer_GamepayData.xml to get the result i want while waiting for solution for mod.

Last edited:
hmm, it seems that mod altering the Indonesia_Khmer_GamepayData.xml will result to crash. Today change the value for ANGKORWAT_ADDPOPULATION and ANGKORWAT_ADDHOUSING which are also in that file and the game crashed.

If I had to guess, since those improvements are DLC related and not part of the base game, I would look at the Indonesian DLC's code for details and if you do publish the mod, add the Indonesian DLC as a requirement to run it.

(Note: I have very little Civ 6 modding experience so take my opinions with a grain of salt).

Last edited:
Top Bottom