Game Crashes at Beginning of Scenario

Prometheus1992

Warlord
I keep getting this annoying bug where after it says "You are the (nation) you are gifted with Irrigation, mining" etc, and after I click OK it just crashes. I added quite a bit of new units to this already big scenario, added all civilopedia-entries, #ANIMNAMES, and in CivEditor I of course added them. I tried to test them by placing each ship on the map. It worked fine for the first batch of units I used, and now with the second batch it just crashes.

Any help? I added the units to El Justo's TCW 1.6.

;) if an admin could move this thread please...

Did you pre-place the units on the scenario?

I add some units a fill days ago, and I pre-place then to test it out, and the game did that to me, right after I say ok, the game crash. What I did was flag the debug mode, and choose only two civs (from the original game), I find out that one of the problems was that I forgot to add the unit at the editor, but I had all the civilopedia, pidiaicons, and files placed right. And the other problem was that I place some waves files to one of the unit, but my ini file did not match the wave file entry.

So by going to debug mode, I was able to test unit by unit, and finding out which units was the problem (as I got error messages).

Yes, I pre-placed the units on the scenario on my side. I put the game in debug mode, but i'm not sure what you mean't by choose only two civs...and for the second part, do you mean I cannot have extra files floating around inside of the scenario directory?

I tried debug mode, and I recieved no messages...are they stored in a file or .txt?

Well you could do this:

Open your scenario in the editor:

Clear all the pre-placed stuff and save the scenario with the name test (flag the debug mode section).

Load the scenario test file, and choose a civ (from the original ones) and put the rest to none, except one (original one as well).

After the scenario load, the game should not crash.

If the game didn't crash, press shift+F1, that will bring the units menu.

Choose one of the units that you add and place into the map, if that unit has a file missing, or is something wrong with it, the game will give you an error message, and you will know what to do.

Do this to every single unit that you add, so you know that is not a problem to any of then.

After you fix your problems, you can just delete the test and use your original scenario (which has the placed units).

Top Bottom