1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game crashes when trying to save

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by Nebuzaradan, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Nebuzaradan

Nebuzaradan Chieftain

I am playing version 1.00 of Civ 3 Conquests and I have had a couple games where, later in the game (mid to late industrial era) it will suddenly start crashing every time I try to save the game. It crashes whether I initiate a save personally or if the auto-save tries to do it.

I can start a new game and it saves without problem. Occasionally I have managed to load a previous date of the same game and play for one or two turns futher before it goes back to crashing. I have not upgraded to version 1.22 because when I do the game suddenly can't find my CD (even though it's sitting right there in my only CD drive-see my other thread).

I don't know if 1.22 would fix this or not, but since I haven't had any luck getting 1.22 to work I hope I can at least get this fixed so I can play into the modern era! I WANT TANKS!!!

2. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

How much free disk space do you have?

3. Nebuzaradan

Nebuzaradan Chieftain

Something like around 25-28 GB free.