1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game crashes while loading when selecting all the civs (ie not random)

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Lohit, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

I finally moved from Giant Earth (180x94) to Greatest earth map (104x64) with hard heart as late game crashes but something weird is happening. I select myself as Teddy and I add 19 more civs and 2 city states.
    If I select all the AI civs, the game crashes while loading, however when I keep those 19 AIs as random, it works fine. What logs can I check to see what's up with this behavior?

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

the lua.log

it crashes before of after closing the loading screen ?

3. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

It crashes once I click create game and then screen starts loading stating those dialogs about Teddy and suddenly it crashes.

These are the logs:

Code:
    JoiningRoom: OnFinishedGameplayContentConfigure() g_waitingForContentConfigure=true
    Runtime Error: \Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\PlayerSetupLogic.lua:759: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
        Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\PlayerSetupLogic.lua:759: in function 'UpdateValue'
        Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\GameSetupLogic.lua:427: in function 'UI_SetParameterValue'
        Base\Assets\UI\Scripts\SetupParameters.lua:436: in function 'SetupParameters:UpdateVisualization'
        Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\PlayerSetupLogic.lua:180: in function 'VisualizePlayerParameters'
        Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\PlayerSetupLogic.lua:1099: in function 'GameSetup_RefreshParameters'
        Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Override\AdvancedSetup.lua:855: in function 'OnFinishedGameplayContentConfigure'
        [C]: in function 'func'
        [C]: in function '(anonymous)'
    AdvancedSetup: Hiding Game Setup
    LoadScreen: true
    LoadScreen: false
    LoadScreen: false

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

full log please, that error doesn't generate crashes on my PC.

5. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

I apologize for the late response. Please see the attached lua.log

Attached Files:

• lua.txt
      File size:
      589.8 KB
      Views:
  6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

thanks for the log, I'll try to replicate that.

Lohit likes this.
  7. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

Thank you so much for taking out time for this :)

8. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

Looks like I might have messed it up. I apologize for wasting time. I uninstalled and re-installed the game and it seems to work perfectly now :)
    Thanks again for you support.

Note - Is there any way to build something bigger than Greatest Earth which won't crash in the late game? Looks like Fireaxis is not listening to modding community :(
    I invested in high end PC just for Civ 6 and Giant earth map but it won't work fine. First there was issue with late game audio getting mute and now game is getting crashed. :(