[NFP] Game crashing with the latest patch?

Ash plays civ

Chieftain
I keep getting a crash on the same turn. It was on a game I started before the latest patch. Should I just start a new game? I am worried the next one will crash too. :sad:

Unhandled Exception
Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Error reading address 0x40

Call Stack
-----------------------------------------------------
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0
??? ! ??? ???, line 0

I think I may have found the problem. One of my mods(Tomatekh's Historical Religions) updated today and its author is recommending that users start a new game or use the old version of the mod. I will try that.

I just tried uninstalling Tomatekh's Historical Religions and that did not help. I was playing a saved game so I guess I will try a restart.

Edit: I also just tried installing the old version of Tomatekh's Historical Religions and that also did not help.

Last edited:
Civ VI is crashing out on me mid game. The message recommends updating the video drivers. I have verified I have the latest drivers. PC is a Core i7 with a Geforce 750 ti card. Anyone else having this issue all of a sudden?

I have been getting the same sort of crash (memory access violations) quite a lot in the last few weeks. I do use a lot of mods, but it's the same mods I used to use that never crashed. No drivers changed, as far as I know. I think they must have introduced some sort of problem with memory handling in a recent patch.

Worth noting that 99% of these crashes happening when generating a new game or loading a save. I think I only got one crash while actually playing, so I'm safe if I actually get into the game

This midgame crash started happening for me a few days ago too. Tried to update all, and reinstalled the game, to no avail yet. Any suggestions?

Having the same issue here with similar error msg as OP, been trying to clipboard the msg but when Civ crashes I can't do anything but reboot. All updates and DLC up to and including Babylon. Crashes are happening late game on a small map with 6 civs. Running it at the highest settings bc I have a i9-9900KS @ 4ghz, 32 gb Ram, and 2xRTX2080 Super. Maybe I have too much faith in my specs but I feel like it should be able to handle it. Gonna try lowering some settings...

Just switched from Direct X 12 to 11 and was finally able to play again. Not a fix per say, but at least I can continue to put Kupe in his place.

Have similar problems. Do You all play epic or marathon? As far as I discovered it does not appear at standard speed. Also linux as OS seems to help.

I was crashing on a small map at standard speed, but since switching from Dx12 to Dx11 I've played 2 full games with no problem

Top Bottom