Game load time

A thing I notice is that if I play Civ 6 for a while, then exit and do something else, then come back and start it up again, it is much quicker to load the second time.

That's your OS doing magic. Happens with any and all software. Memory management. If enough memory available, big chunks of code are left in memory for a while pre-empting a relaunch of same software to make it reload faster (already in memory instead of fully from disk like when first launching it).

It's blazingly fast on an xbox series x compared to my pc. So much so that I permanently switched to it.

Also, no launcher.

I have a pretty good machine and it takes me about 5 minutes from when I start the game to get into my save game. It is crazy.

Do you have a modern SSD? That's usually the biggest difference maker for loading times.

I just want to know what are yall doing with your computers??? Mine loads a game in secs.... yes seconds. 20 secs tops. I alway shut my pc down almost every weekday night but leave it running on the weekends.

EDIT. I just timed a game load and it was 22 secs....

I just want to know what are yall doing with your computers??? Mine loads a game in secs.... yes seconds. 20 secs tops. I alway shut my pc down almost every weekday night but leave it running on the weekends.

Yeah, my games load quickly, too. Unless I'm playing on a giant map, Sean doesn't even get to finish his first paragraph before the game is ready. But I also have a NVMe disk.

My pc is obviously not as good as I think it is. To be fair, it was good in 2016 when I bought it.

Do you have a modern SSD? That's usually the biggest difference maker for loading times.

Probably not. It was top of the line in 2016 when I bought it, so maybe it sucks now?

Top Bottom