Game of the Week - Score not appearing

Do anyone note that score sometimes also consider games from the previous week??? This week with the americans there are also scores that belongs to China :undecide:

I've noticed this too on the PS3 leaderboards. So many problems with the PS3 online games makes me think they didn't even bother to beta test...

Lol, then they have to find a letter opener.
I feel bad about the situation. It really surprises me this hasn't been covered in any gaming sites, especially after such glowing reviews. I've even sent an email or two about that very thing to one of them, no replies yet.

Maybe an idea for all you ps3 users; hit up gaming sites other then 2K, and get the story out to media. Any site you visited for news, reviews and gaming in general. Send an email, get your ps3 buddies to Email. I've got an Xbox, but I'm still a gamer, and overall, poor testing practices affects us all.
Example;
When you end a game, select "return to main menu" it still sends you to the hall of fame... Pretty easy catch that one. But it wastes drive time loading that section up.

More and more, the console market is moving towards "patch and play" trend. How we as consumers stop that progression isn't a mystery.
Simply sacrifice the purchase of that "big" next game. Organize that, and you'll change the industry. (Imagine if no one bought GTA)

The price of fuel has drastically affected consumer demand when it comes to auto purchases, and thus that industry is changing. Abruptly.
So it is readily possible to change industry, its a matter of NOT spending money.
Tuna, KFC, DOW, Cigarettes, Autos, Bottled Water, ect. If these few examples of products and companies can be affected by consumers, why not Video games? You can hear and see the pressure from parent, and political groups. Surely there can be some pressure from the gamers themselves.

It's us spending the money. Or more to the point, not spending.

Funny, I replied to a lengthly thread in the same manner on the 2K site... They deleted the entire thread in mere hours.

Alot of stuff gets deleted/censored on the 2K forums. I seldom check that site anymore because I'm not fond of heavy-handed mods. Nothing worse than reading a thread and finding people responding to a post on that thread that no longer exists... Besides, I've found these forums to be much more informative and mature.

More and more, the console market is moving towards "patch and play" trend. How we as consumers stop that progression isn't a mystery.

Probably we are lucky that we do not get the ad about making illegal copies as most DVDs.

As a software developer, I understand that the quality is a general problem in the industry these days (we have an entire operating system as an example, not only a game). But a game is about having fun and the quality can shift the decision to other things.

For example, I played GOTW (deity, PS3, as cristig) yesterday morning and I found a solution to finish in 2100 BC. In thew evening I checked the leaderboard and not only that my result was not there but I am no longer first as someone has a 2000 BC. So I played again and did the 2100 BC, asking myself if I should have put a movie in the PS3 instead of civrev. Today it is still not registered.

I play for fun, but thing like that can make me to play another game or watch a movie. I was considering posting the solution here, but I am afraid that this will spoil the game for other players more than will make someone for 2K have a reaction. After all I, know that writing a program for a leaderboard it is the most complicated piece of software and they could have easily done it right from the initial release.

So maybe I'll watch a movie next time. Or, as I saw also that with civ4 the patches from the community were better than the original, maybe we will see and open source civ sometimes.

Probably we are lucky that we do not get the ad about making illegal copies as most DVDs.

As a software developer, I understand that the quality is a general problem in the industry these days (we have an entire operating system as an example, not only a game). But a game is about having fun and the quality can shift the decision to other things.

For example, I played GOTW (deity, PS3, as cristig) yesterday morning and I found a solution to finish in 2100 BC. In thew evening I checked the leaderboard and not only that my result was not there but I am no longer first as someone has a 2000 BC. So I played again and did the 2100 BC, asking myself if I should have put a movie in the PS3 instead of civrev. Today it is still not registered.

I play for fun, but thing like that can make me to play another game or watch a movie. I was considering posting the solution here, but I am afraid that this will spoil the game for other players more than will make someone for 2K have a reaction. After all I, know that writing a program for a leaderboard it is the most complicated piece of software and they could have easily done it right from the initial release.

So maybe I'll watch a movie next time. Or, as I saw also that with civ4 the patches from the community were better than the original, maybe we will see and open source civ sometimes.

GOTW is always to easy imo, so I don't play it anymore...it's just a puzzle.

You can always add me on psn (same username as here) and play me online.
-Hint: Don't play ranked, as there are freezers there that just wreck your score.
------>in player matches, you don't get ranking points, but bragging rights on forums as these :D

Top Bottom