[TOT] Game runs slowly on load game

Tssha

Warlord
Hey, so I finally got Civ 2: Test of Time working on my Windows 10 computer! (Thanks win64 patch!) I started up a game of Extended Original, and got to 1300 AD when I had to save and quit (social obligations...gotta leave the house some time!).

When I came back, I loaded the game...and now turns take forever to cycle. The animations are slower. The map snaps to position slower (there's a lag now...there wasn't a lag the first time around).

I have no idea what might be causing this. There's no other CDs in the drive. That idea came from searching the forums, but it's not the case in this circumstance. Only disk in my drive is the Civ2: ToT one.

The game isn't even taxing my CPU. It's only using 11%. It's gotta be some kinda technical issue. I have no idea why a new game runs fine but loading a game makes it run slower.

...also, did some save scumming with autosaves. That didn't produce a slowdown. Kinda strange. I didn't quit the program though, that might have something to do with it...

...any ideas?

Sorry, no ideas for Win 10... I bought a refurbished XP laptop so I could play Civ II: ToT.

I think the issue may have resolved itself. It honestly could have been one of a dozen different applications that was conflicting with it that isn't conflicting now.

It disappeared as randomly as it appeared. Oh well, at least it works alright now. Resumed a different game and no slowdown when I load saves from THAT game.

...I think I'll never know why this happened. :undecide:

Top Bottom