Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
open for 5 days.

What is the main difference in difficulty level?

Is it mostly just that barbs are harder?

If that's the case, if we have barbs off it won't matter?

What is the main difference in difficulty level?

Here are some of the differences (Quoted from Ginger Ale):

Empire Bonuses: The lower the difficulty level, the more bonus health and happiness your cities start with. Also, benefits from goody huts are dependent on difficulty as well: the lower the difficulty, the better your chances of getting the best possible result.

Finances: On easier difficulties, civic costs, maintenance costs, and monetary inflation are all lower.

Production Speeds (Not relevant to our game unless a Team quits and becomes AI): The AI receives production, research, and growth penalties/bonuses depending on the level. Below Noble, it takes them more food/hammers/beakers to grow a city/build/research something, on Noble you and the AI have the same required amount, and above Noble, the AI gets discounts.

Barbarians: The human player gets bonuses when fighting barbarians, and the exact number is determined by your difficulty level (the lower it is, the higher the bonus). Also, on higher difficulties, barbarians appear earlier in the game and more frequently.

AI Start Bonuses: AIs receive free units, such as settlers and workers, on high difficulty levels, as well as free technologies like Archery. For example, AIs start with a free worker on Monarch and work their way up to a free settler on Deity!

Unit Support: On lower levels, you can build more units before you have to start paying gold to support them.

If you want a more detailed list, check out Nevermind's Difficulty Level Spreadsheet. Note it was done for Warlords, not BtS, so some of the info may be incorrect, but most of it should be OK for giving you a general idea about how difficulty levels work.

Thanks that helps.

I voted Monarch - but bumping this up a level or 2 may make sense. Harder diff levels make certain traits far more helpful (which is a good balance) and curtail early spamming. Too hard though and the game is too slow to get going.

Now that this poll is closed, I will report our choice to the UN. Although Emperor did not recieve over 50% of the votes cast, there were two abstaining votes that should not be counted towards the total votes cast. So in reality, Emperor level got 53.33% of the votes (8 out of 15).

So this issue should be considered decided in favor of Emperor difficulty level.

In the future, AMAZONs making polls should probably never include the option "Abstain" unless the Poll Master decides that there is some compelling reason for "Abstain" to be included.

AMAZONs vote! AMAZONs take sides! This is AMAZON! We love voting!:goodjob:

In the future, AMAZONs making polls should probably never include the option "Abstain" unless the Poll Master decides that there is some compelling reason for "Abstain" to be included.

Why not? It's a good way to keep track on how many people have voted. Especially when polls can only run for a short amount of time due to some deadline, it's good to know if people abstain or simply didn't look at the poll yet. And it won't do any harm, as far as I can see...

Why not? It's a good way to keep track on how many people have voted. Especially when polls can only run for a short amount of time due to some deadline, it's good to know if people abstain or simply didn't look at the poll yet. And it won't do any harm, as far as I can see...

That's why I abstained. I want to show im here and participating, but don't know anything about which game difficulty would be the most suitable, as I have never played anything above prince

It's a good way to keep track on how many people have voted.
"Abstaining" is not voting. It is abstaining from voting. When you abstain from doing something, that means that you don't do it. You can't vote "Abstain," you can only abstain from voting by NOT voting. Sorry, I know it is a little technical:p

That's why I abstained. I want to show im here and participating
That's really good to do. You can do that by just posting. You dont have to click "abstain" in the poll to show participation.

Rather than have AMAZONs use up their vote on "abstain." Wouldn't it be better to have them POST "Hey I'm not sure" or "I need more info." Then we can explain the choices to them so that they can choose. Or they can just post again, "I'm still not sure so I'll just not vote this time."

Another thing I just realized is that that poll was set to anonymous, so there was no way to tell who was voting anyway. So clicking "abstain" did not let anyone know that RasmCiv was participating.:sad:

"Abstaining" is not voting. It is abstaining from voting. When you abstain from doing something, that means that you don't do it. You can't vote "Abstain," you can only abstain from voting by NOT voting. Sorry, I know it is a little technical:p

Yes... that's right, I guess what I meant to say was you can keep track on how many people have seen the poll and given it some thought. But I agree that describing your doubts in a post is the best thing to do, when you're not sure what to vote for.

I forgot to do public on a few of the game polls. Sorry :(

Top Bottom